Incoming ngd guild starfire v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming ngd guild starfire v

So I found a smoking deal on old new stock starfire v . Originally $2570 cad and got it for under $1200 cad shipped. I later found it hung on a wall for 3 years. I guess that’s why it was so cheap . But now to wait it for to ship .

I have wanted one of these for years so I’m pretty pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Incoming ngd guild starfire v

Pretty cool. Didn't know they were making these still. Are these made in USA or China? I think I recall the acoustic line moving offshore.
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
      Pretty cool. Didn't know they were making these still. Are these made in USA or China? I think I recall the acoustic line moving offshore.
      These are Korea. They have moved the acoustic line to the us again . I think eventually they may move there electrics to the USA. But for a $1100 cad instead of the $2500 before taxes I couldn’t refuse

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
          Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
          Thanks

Comment

What company owns Guild these days?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              What company owns Guild these days?
              I can’t remember. I watch a video a few days ago . I know they started moving production back to the USA . This one is Korean

Comment

Fender owns them now.

Comment

Incoming ngd guild starfire v

Originally posted by Nsatke81 View Post
                  Fender owns them now.

Fender sold then a few years back . Córdoba owns them now

Comment

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post
                    Fender sold then a few years back . Córdoba owns them now

Cordoba.

These are made by SPG (Cort). The solidbodies are made by World Music Korea (and Indonesia since 2018).

I AB'd these next to the older USA-made Fender-era StarFires. My gist? These are just as good. Yes there are a few differences but the overal build quality is absolutely similar.

Differences?

- poly finish vs nitro in the USA
                    - Electronics: CTS in USA, Korean brand in Korea.
                    - Pickups: much better in the USA guitars. Not that the Korean ones are bad perse.

Find a set of mini humbuckers that fit these guitars, upgrade the wiring and you have an absolute killer guitar. I'd get such an upgraded axe (SF VI; lots of love here for that one) over any sub-1000$ ES-style guitar. (you have to take a deep dive but you can find these under 1000 euro's every now and then).

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

Cordoba.

These are made by SPG (Cort). The solidbodies are made by World Music Korea (and Indonesia since 2018).

I AB'd these next to the older USA-made Fender-era StarFires. My gist? These are just as good. Yes there are a few differences but the overal build quality is absolutely similar.

Differences?

- poly finish vs nitro in the USA
                      - Electronics: CTS in USA, Korean brand in Korea.
                      - Pickups: much better in the USA guitars. Not that the Korean ones are bad perse.

Find a set of mini humbuckers that fit these guitars, upgrade the wiring and you have an absolute killer guitar. I'd get such an upgraded axe (SF VI; lots of love here for that one) over any sub-1000$ ES-style guitar. (you have to take a deep dive but you can find these under 1000 euro's every now and then).
                      If I don't like the pickups I might check out what tv Jones could do lol
                      And the sf vi is also Korean made
                      Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by silvertonebetty; 04-06-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I love that in black with the Bigsby. Looks like Keef's 355!

Black semi hollows are so elegant.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post

Originally posted by voggin View Post

It does look sharp . I’m glad the finalization on my first reverb purchase is done now for it to ship. And they have a $2800cad supro amp on for about $1170 taxes in . I could do it but it would leave me with next to no money for a month .

Comment

Interesting. I paid less for my player grade '68 Slim Jim, with HSC, four years ago. $700 from the Sam Ash New York vintage room. It was a great price, which I got them down to from $1,150. Vs are worth more...but not a ton more. I still wonder why on Earth a new outsourced version actually fetches $1,300 USD retail price, when you can get a real old one, which is a stunningly high quality instrument, for the same price in player grade condition, or in very clean condition for not too much more, and which won't ever depreciate.

This is the main problem with these new Guilds, for me. I'd rather hold out a bit longer, save a bit more, and buy the real deal from the '60s...and maintain or increase the value I have into the guitar, rather than seeing it lose 30 to 40 percent of its value the moment I buy it, and never get it back. Not that I buy to resell...but still...

Congrats and all. I am not arguing with your NGD excitement, and that's a great markdown that I would be very happy about too. Only way I'd think about buying one, in fact. I just don't get how the foreign made Guild market has much success given the competition out there from their own vintage examples.
                            Last edited by ItsaBass; 04-07-2020, 12:39 PM.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                              Interesting. I paid less for my player grade '68 Slim Jim, with HSC, four years ago. $700 from the Sam Ash New York vintage room. It was a great price, which I got them down to from $1,150. Vs are worth more...but not a ton more. I still wonder why on Earth a new outsourced version actually fetches $1,300 USD retail price, when you can get a real old one, which is a stunningly high quality instrument, for the same in player grade condition, or in very clean condition for not too much more, and which won't ever depreciate.

This is the main problem with these new Guilds, for me. I'd rather hold out a bit longer, save a bit more, and buy the real deal from the '60s...and maintain or increase the value I have into the guitar, rather than seeing it lose 30 to 40 percent of its value the moment I buy it, and never get it back. Not that I buy to resell...but still...

Congrats and all. I am not arguing with your NGD excitement, and that's a great markdown that I would be very happy about too. Only way I'd think about buying one, in fact. I just don't get how the foreign made Guild market has much success given the competition out there from their own vintage examples.
                              Tbh the mark down is the only reason why I got lol . I was looking at another guitar before I noticed the guild . And like I said I have wanted one for a while. And I I figured well for basically the price of a new epi I’d rather get this . The dollar sucks right now

Comment

Working...
                              X