Angus Young SD Custom Shop pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus Young SD Custom Shop pickups

Does SD sell the custom shop pickups that they make for Angus Young's touring guitars? The rig rundown below says they are rated at 7.7k and 7.8k and would be interesting to put in my SG Standard.

Gibson R9 Lemon|Gibson SG Std|Fender 59 AmVint 3TB/AmStd Strat 3TB/MIM Strat Agave Blue|82 Squier JV '57 Strat 2TB|Epi LP Trans Cherry 50s wiring/vint Bees/SD CS WLH|Cort M600 59-Cust Hybrid+Jazz|Harley Benton RB-612CS|Rosewood Tele|Kramer Ferrington
    Marshall JCM 2000 50w/DSL40c V30/Lead 100 MOSFET/1960a GB/Lead 12|Fender Blues Deluxe RI|Vox AC15C1/Pathfinder 15R|Laney Cub 15 head|Orange Micro Terror|BOSS Katana 100|Peavey Bandit|Orange Crush 15R

Re: Angus Young SD Custom Shop pickups

they do but i think thats the spec for the neck pup, the bridge pup is like 8.6k at least in the set. he could be using two neck pups since he basically lives on the bridge pup

Comment

there you go:
      The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has been creating custom guitar pickups since 1976. If you dream it, we can build it.

@jeremy: interesting thought. never tried the neck in the bridge. but i bet it‘s way too bright. the PUs got a attenuated bass so they are quite bright
      Last edited by ToneFiddler; 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I figured that was an Angus set, but it didn't match what the tech said. So it's likely 2 necks as mentioned. Never thought it might be so bright, but it makes sense for how he drives old amps. Could the set be ordered with instructions to do them like they do for Angus Young?
        Gibson R9 Lemon|Gibson SG Std|Fender 59 AmVint 3TB/AmStd Strat 3TB/MIM Strat Agave Blue|82 Squier JV '57 Strat 2TB|Epi LP Trans Cherry 50s wiring/vint Bees/SD CS WLH|Cort M600 59-Cust Hybrid+Jazz|Harley Benton RB-612CS|Rosewood Tele|Kramer Ferrington
        Marshall JCM 2000 50w/DSL40c V30/Lead 100 MOSFET/1960a GB/Lead 12|Fender Blues Deluxe RI|Vox AC15C1/Pathfinder 15R|Laney Cub 15 head|Orange Micro Terror|BOSS Katana 100|Peavey Bandit|Orange Crush 15R

Comment

If you have a Super Lead 100 / Plexi and a 4x12 greenback cab, a Pearly set or even a Jazz set will get you there in an SG, just work the gain and tone controls a little. The custom set is perfect, but there’s actually a couple different highways to hell.

Comment

Here's a deal on a set of the Custom Shop pickups:

Brand new Seymour Duncan High Voltage pickups. Very hard to find. Purchased for a Gibson SG build i was doing to create my own Angus Young edition SG, but ended up buying one complete. These are unused and unaltered, but do have aged covers which could be swapped for new versions if desired. Lit...

Comment

a pgb in a sg into a cranked marshall superlead into greenbacks sounds like ac/dc to me

the tech is great but he is wrong on a few things. 1987 models are 50w, those are 1959 models since they are 100w for example. id assume the guitars have the set in there but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                a pgb in a sg into a cranked marshall superlead into greenbacks sounds like ac/dc to me

the tech is great but he is wrong on a few things. 1987 models are 50w, those are 1959 models since they are 100w for example. id assume the guitars have the set in there but who knows.
                yes and the HV Bridge doesn't sound that much different than the PGb. I say it has less lowend (better for those slicing chords) but i also would say its a wee rounder on the high strings.
                maybe it'S also close to a '78 model. But i don't know that PU, just read somewhere that it also has that reduced lowend...

this artcicle suggests that you want the Set/Bridge and not a neck in the bridge:
                Last edited by ToneFiddler; 06-17-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X