Need help choosing a color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help choosing a color

So after asking the wife without her recognizing iv bought a new toy we came up with the gold hardware. But let me explain.

The gold hardware is all i could afford. I got it nos for like 180 dollars as opposed to 400 new from the store. Its even cheaper than a chrome floyd.

The floyd the guitar came with was a 1000 series (not the special although i do have that also from another guitar, ill talk about that later).

This is how she looks

Ok so i hate gold. I know that itll fade ugly but im not planning on playing this alot because its actually the most beautiful axe iv owned for 20 years.

But since its only this gold hardware i could afford that has the german steel so i went with it.

Its an 800 dollar axe and now it feels like 1000 dollars more.

The 1000 series floyd i transfered that to an LTD guitar that has a special on it. That guitar now is very loud acoustically.

The charvel also comes with EMG 81/85. Im still not used to this type since iv never owned an active setup before. Im not sure if im suppose to lower the pickup like youd do to a passive. Im not even sure when to know if the battery is dying though a new rechargable is in there.

Its also my first neckthru. I cant believe the sustain this guitar has. When cant hear the strings ringing i could still feel the vibration on my left palm.
    Last edited by budubum92; 04-16-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
      I dont like the gold bridge unless it's with other gold hardware on the guitar like tuners
      While I agree that the hardware should match, we will have to agree to disagree on colors, gold only goes with black or white, on a LPC although I will give you the Gretsch. It has no place on any form of strat-ish instrument. There are a couple of the Charvels that I really like, except they have gold hardware, yuck, IMHO that Angel Vivaldi model is hideous. {Please read that in a semi-sarcastic tone, it is all ice cream and I only like the gold flavor in relatively few, specific settings}

Comment

Originally posted by budubum92 View Post
        So after asking the wife without her recognizing iv bought a new toy we came up with the gold hardware. But let me explain.

The gold hardware is all i could afford. I got it nos for like 180 dollars as opposed to 400 new from the store. Its even cheaper than a chrome floyd.

The floyd the guitar came with was a 1000 series (not the special although i do have that also from another guitar, ill talk about that later).

This is how she looks

Ok so i hate gold. I know that itll fade ugly but im not planning on playing this alot because its actually the most beautiful axe iv owned for 20 years.

But since its only this gold hardware i could afford that has the german steel so i went with it.

Its an 800 dollar axe and now it feels like 1000 dollars more.

The 1000 series floyd i transfered that to an LTD guitar that has a special on it. That guitar now is very loud acoustically.

The charvel also comes with EMG 81/85. Im still not used to this type since iv never owned an active setup before. Im not sure if im suppose to lower the pickup like youd do to a passive. Im not even sure when to know if the battery is dying though a new rechargable is in there.

Its also my first neckthru. I cant believe the sustain this guitar has. When cant hear the strings ringing i could still feel the vibration on my left palm.
        I think the theme would be complete with gold pick up rings. That would really stand out.

;>)/
        sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Oh that looks fine

I'm not a fan of gold hardware either
          But you cant hear the difference
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X