banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CXVI : Nagash against the wall !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVI : Nagash against the wall !

Originally posted by Axl H View Post
    Denmark vs Norway - which is the cooler, more awesome and just greater place of the two, in your opinion? Norway. Black Metal ftw !

What car is your favourite? I'm not interested in cars AT ALL, I want something that rolls, that is small, and doesn't swallow too much petrol. Anything that can transport two chubby asses and a guitar on the back.
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Comment

No, really. Have you ever seen a UFO?
      "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

When you ride this new scooter would you prefer to be on the front or in the back?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
          No, really. Have you ever seen a UFO? I'd never make fun of you... course I did !
          When you ride this new scooter would you prefer to be on the front or in the back? Depends on the other passenger
          There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
          Don't ask.

Comment

You are mere days from being exactly 10 years younger than me.

How's that feel?
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
              It's at the German borderline, it's part of the region Alsace. Alsace is one of the region, along with the Lorraine, that the Nazis artificially added to their Reich back then.

That is exactly where my grandfather was raised!

Is it legal to consume alcoholic beverages at your age in France?

What guitar would you play if you didn't play a Jackson?

Please describe "metal" music without referencing any artists.

Do you use a bicycle as your primary means of transportation?

Do you know any music theory?
              Last edited by Lazarus1140; 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM. Reason: Poor stab at humor removed
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                You are mere days from being exactly 10 years younger than me.

How's that feel? I don't care about age differences generally speaking, as it can been seen in some of the answers I gave on the first page. I hope it doesn't make YOU feel old though
                Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                That is exactly where my grandfather was raised!

Is it legal to consume alcoholic beverages at your age in France? Yep, 18 is the limit.

What guitar would you play if you didn't play a Jackson? I own only one Jackson. I play ESP, I have an Ibanez bass and I'd play Ibanez guitars, I'd play Gibson, and there's a VERY COOL custom shop from Finland called Amfisound. I love their stuff, you should check them out ! Acoustics, I like Taylor, Breedlove, and Guild. Never played a Martin, they are impossible to find !

Please describe "metal" music without referencing any artists. To me, metal is the musical genre with the most versatility, there are so many different styles, so many different sounds, there's some metal for everyone on this planet, you just have to find the style matching the person. To me, metal is the "other side of life", while most songs inother styles describe love, happiness, partying and such, metal reminds me that life isn't always nice and cool, that it's damn brutal and unforgiving. Musically, it's the style that requires the most different skills also. Metal is the set-apart style of music.

Do you use a bicycle as your primary means of transportation? I've got flat feet . When I can, I try to walk the way, when it's a bit further or I have to hurry, I use bicycle, when it's ever further, I take the bus and subway. In extreme cases, I ask one of my parents to drive me.

Do you know any music theory? Yeah, I've learnt quite a bit, but most of it annoys me. I learnt the basic scales, how to read notes, how to build chords. But stuff like the circle of whatevers and so, that I really don't care about. I take one scale, play some crap until something cool comes to my mind, I write this down, and then I work on it to make a full song.
                Carry on !
                Don't ask.

Comment

I wasn't trying to make fun of you.

What's your biggest regret in life?

What would you do differently to change that?

Comment

I wasn't trying to make fun of you.

What's your biggest regret in life? I have been raised to be completely dependant on what my parents want.

What would you do differently to change that? Never listen to them again, and once I can leave their home, never come back.

And this is perfectly serious.
                    Don't ask.

Comment

How long did your family's invasion of France take? Was there any resistance?
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                        How long did your family's invasion of France take? Was there any resistance? I dunno, I wasn't there yet.
                        Don't ask.

Comment

It sounds like you have a strong opposition toward parents. Why is that?

Comment

It sounds like you have a strong opposition toward parents. Why is that?
                            They suck. IMO parents are supposed to raise you so that you are independent when you are 18. There are so many things they never taught me that now I have to discover them all by myself, and I **** many things up because wht should be obvious to me is completely new. That is speaking very generally.

Also, whatever I wanted to do, the answer I always got was "no". When I was a kid, I wanted to practice Judo. "No". After a while just being a total jerk, they got me into the club, where I practiced for 4 years. I stopped going when the trainer changed, the new one was a sadistic ass. My parents thought I stopped because I was too lazy. I wanted to start something else, they said "no" again, because I hadn't gone through Judo practice I wouldn't go through this one either, so spare the money. Then, I wanted to play music with one of my best friends. "No". It took me two years to get them to buy me a damn guitar.

For my studies as well, I got my final school exam with the best marks in the history of my family. I wanted to start a "preparation class" for higher engineering schools. That's a special French thing, there's engineering schools and higher engineering schools which require 2 years of "preparation class", which is actually the sickest thing and the highest level you can do in France. I did this, and now I'm reaching the end of the second year, and I don't want to go any further because I lost interest. I want to go to university and do maths only. I could do that without having to start all over again, so I don't lose any time. Can I go to university and do what I KNOW I WANT ? "No." I've fought against them for so long that now, I screwed up my second "prep" year, and I'll have to start the university in the second year instead of the third.

In short, my parents never did ANYTHING that helped be becoming an adult, becoming independant, doing the studies I wanted to get the job that I wanted. They've completely screwed up my sister's life, they kept us away from the rest of our family, they have no friends and raised us so that we only care about studies and money, regardless of any personal life. And since we have no money to get myself a little apartment for my studies, I'm stuck with them for 4 more years to go.

When I can leave home, I'll NEVER EVER try to get back in touch with them. If I ever get married, they won't be told. If I have kids, they won't be told and I'll never tell my kids about them. When they die, either I don't show up at the funeral, or I go there just to tell everyone what bastards they have always been.

The definition of my relationship to my parents is "hatred". And what I told you is just the smallest part.
                            Don't ask.

Comment

Ok here goes!

So your parents told you "NO". Maybe they didn't have the money for you to do what you wanted to do, that's really none of your business. Why resent them for that? You're sounding like a spoiled little child that didn't get everything he wanted. Are you unable to get a job and support yourself? It's sounds to me like your parents were trying to raise you to be a man, by giving you limits. Is there something wrong with a child having limits? They support you, feed you, house you, cloth you and you resent them, no, even hate them for that? I don't get it dude! The way you make it sound you are the epitome of the "Generation of Entitlement". You should be one of the most grateful people for what they've given you. They support you and pay for your education. You need to tell them "Thank you". If you really feel the way you do, grow a nut and move out now! Don't milk your parents for another four years! If your parents are willing to let you stay and support you, they really do love you and you hate them for that. That's bulls**t!

I have to tell my kids all of the time that they can't do things they want to. I'm trying to teach them self reliance not hatred toward me. If my kids start to develope the attitude of entitlement I've got to put them in thier place. I provide them with their basic needs. I don't have the ability or responsibility to provide them with their every whim! The child that believes I should provide them everything they want is a spoiled child.

Do you have the ability to work? Get out and do it! A lot of people work their way through college. Why can't you? A lot of people haven't had half of the opportunities your parents have provided you. Be thankful for that! I'm sure there are unlying things that you haven't told us. Get over it! My parents beat my @$$ for stupid s**t most of my life and they never provided me with half the things your parents have provided you.

Comment

Who are your favorite musicians (metal and non-metal)?
                                sigpic
                                "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                                --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                                Originally posted by Lewguitar
                                In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Working...
                                X