Devils of Belgrade Album is FINISHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Devils of Belgrade Album is FINISHED

Holy sheeyite! Lungstripper Lowdown is a tune!
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've actually been looking forward to getting your impression of Lungstripper Lowdown.

That's my favorite track on the record every other day...

I thought about starting a new thread for the new songs, but this one is starting to feel like home.
      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

That sample at the end made my day. What's it from? I recognise it.

Comment

It made a friend of ours pee a little.

EDIT: It's from The Shining, when Jack Nicholson was chopping through the bathroom door with the axe to get to his wife and kid.
          Last edited by sosomething; 05-03-2008, 09:47 AM.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

So...

You know what?

You don't?

Well, I can tell you.

This is just.

Awesome stuff.

Really.

You've got some gnarly tones going on there, way cool riffing, and etc. It does remind me of Mastodon as well, and a little bit of Corrosion of Conformity, but I imagine it's easier on the ears over a longer period. Well done!
            My Soundclick

Comment

THANK

you

Tor!

-Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Lungstripper Lowdown is one of the best songs ever!!!!!
                Very cool small but extreme well made details!!!
                And hails to your drummer!!!I love itt Adam!!!
                www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

How did I miss this thread... This is excellent, excellent work, the best I've heard on this forum or any other that I can remember. I don't miss the vocals one bit and love the compositions. And guitar tones are nice as well. So when will your tour of Finland begin? I'd love to get my hands on that autographed vinyl...
                  There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                    Lungstripper Lowdown is one of the best songs ever!!!!!
                    Very cool small but extreme well made details!!!
                    And hails to your drummer!!!I love itt Adam!!!
                    Thanks man! I'm pretty happy that we decided to put that song up - I think it's my favorite song on the album. Definitely in the top 3 at least. I'm glad you like it.

The acoustic we used on this track was probably the best-sounding I've ever played.

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
                    How did I miss this thread... This is excellent, excellent work, the best I've heard on this forum or any other that I can remember. I don't miss the vocals one bit and love the compositions. And guitar tones are nice as well. So when will your tour of Finland begin? I'd love to get my hands on that autographed vinyl...
                    Again with the vinyl! Haha.. We looked into vinyl... without label support I think that medium is prohibitively expensive for us at this time. I would LOVE to do it though, just for the artwork real estate alone. I think our record would sound pretty good on wax, too.

I'd also love to go to Europe but I'm having trouble finding someone who's willing to pay for it . We DO ship our CDs internationally, though... just throwing that out there...

Kidding aside, thank you both for the support and kind words and encouragement. It really does feel great to get this kind of response from my peers.
                    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I have to thank you Adam for thinking ,createing ,practiceing ,recording ,paying and sweating for that piece of art!

And you have to Come to Europe tor record Dobermann Pinsch Harmonics anyways ,so you will have a place to sleep zuahahah
                      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Sweet! My copy arrived on Saturday! Awesome work Adam. Lungstripper Lowdown still totally rocks, that was worth the $11 alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
                          Sweet! My copy arrived on Saturday! Awesome work Adam. Lungstripper Lowdown still totally rocks, that was worth the $11 alone.
                          Wow, that took a long time! I'm really glad you like it, as you have excellent taste in music.
                          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                            Wow, that took a long time! I'm really glad you like it, as you have excellent taste in music.
                            with the combined idiocy of our respective countries' postal services I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived at all. I just cooked the meanest chicken Pad Thai ever whilst listening to it. Perfect stir fry music. If your stir fry is, y'know, going to battle a raging horde of flesh eating wolf-zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
                              with the combined idiocy of our respective countries' postal services I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived at all. I just cooked the meanest chicken Pad Thai ever whilst listening to it. Perfect stir fry music. If your stir fry is, y'know, going to battle a raging horde of flesh eating wolf-zombies.
                              Do not be surprised if you see this quote used somewhere in our promotional material later.
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                                Do not be surprised if you see this quote used somewhere in our promotional material later.
                                Promotional material? Oh, cool! I'll give you more fodder:

It's easy for the uninitiated to see Tracks of the Cloven Hoof as a maelstrom of gut-smashing apocalypse death-hymns, but further listenings reveal much more. The music on this album weaves a tapestry of hope and love, a universal message of rainbowy beauty that touches us all. It's coming-of-age music sure to delight the tween in all of us. If Bette Midler were a side salad, the Devils of Belgrade would definitely be the main course.
                                Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Working...
                                X