NGD This tool kills hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD This tool kills hate!

The Clash's Jail Guitar Doors is about Wayne for those who don't know him, well at least the first verse is.

Wayne is one of the coolest and smartest people Rock N Roll ever spit out. Took him a long time to accept that and find his place but he is killing it these days. I would love to be able to sit down with him and talk music, life and whatnot.

If you don't know who the MC5 were do yourself a huge favor and spend a few minutes to find out about them. Even if you don't dig their music you can't help but be amazed at their story. Lemmy thinks they're God fwiw.

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
      Can't help ya there... who knows why Wayne did it that way, but it doesn't bother me.
      More juice, that was his flamethrower.

When you come up to NY you better bring that and get up onstage with it!!!
      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Amazing man, amazing band, amazing guitar. The pickups don't matter one bit.
        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fender has a Wayne Kramer sig model? Saw the MC5 a few times in their peak (late '60's) and I would never have thought any company would be associated with that group. They were a wild bunch of boys. Hats off to Fender.

Kick out the jams...
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

America, **** yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
              The Clash's Jail Guitar Doors is about Wayne for those who don't know him, well at least the first verse is.

Wayne is one of the coolest and smartest people Rock N Roll ever spit out. Took him a long time to accept that and find his place but he is killing it these days. I would love to be able to sit down with him and talk music, life and whatnot.

If you don't know who the MC5 were do yourself a huge favor and spend a few minutes to find out about them. Even if you don't dig their music you can't help but be amazed at their story. Lemmy thinks they're God fwiw.

Im sure the reason that they werent bigger than they were, is because they had something important to say.. Musically, they were better than the pistols and the Dolls.. i think they were blacklisted alot for thier leanings and outspokenness
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I don't normally like relic'd guitars. This does nothing to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
                  Dude you're old.
                  Yeah, but I wasn't always. I don't know what happened.
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I don't collect guitars but I may start.
                    Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
                    If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                      Yeah, but I wasn't always. I don't know what happened.
                      I like it!

You saw The MC5, hot damn!
                      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        Im sure the reason that they werent bigger than they were, is because they had something important to say.. Musically, they were better than the pistols and the Dolls.. i think they were blacklisted alot for thier leanings and outspokenness
                        They did everything wrong they possibly could.
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Congratulations!! I didn't realize those were relic'd.

Comment

crazy!

Comment

I got to spend a little time playing this last night, and the middle '59 has a nice "late '60's" type sound. I know that sounds dumb, but I don't know how to describe it better.

I have no idea what the two singles are (other than stock Fender), but they are an embarrassment to Fender. I will be removing them and banished to the parts box they will go.

The frets are vintage and I was able to adapt after a few minutes, but a refret will be happening soon. I can deal with the 7.25" radius, but I have no idea why Fender would use vintage frets (unless Wayne wanted it that way, but I suspect not).

Honestly I only bought the guitar because of what it was, and would be just as happy if I never played it at all. However it is light, and has a nice sound acoustically.

All in all, I am very happy to have it from a MC5 fanboi POV, but I would not recommend it if someone had a $1000 budget and just wanted a strat. I think once I "fix it up", I will use it more, and I have no regrets in purchasing it.
                              Last edited by Ayrton; 05-11-2011, 10:30 AM.
                              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                                I like it!

You saw The MC5, hot damn!
                                Back in the Kick Out The Jams era, when they had Brother JC preaching revolution ("Are you ready to testify!"). They could get a crowd pumped up. Also saw their 'sister band' the UP, the Stooges (Iggy), the Amboy Dukes (Nugent), Catfish (Bob Hodge), Frost (Dick Wagner), and the Bob Seger Sound System. Ah yes, the good old days; local Detroit bands in the late 1960's...

Comment

Working...
                                X