TERROR -- a new orchestration piece for Call of Cthulhu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TERROR -- a new orchestration piece for Call of Cthulhu

This is a new theme I wrote for my tabletop Call of Cthulhu game. These themes aren't meant to be songs, they are more used to evoke an emotional response in my players. This theme is for a scene coming up where one of the characters suffering from Stenophobia is stuck in a very dark and cramped space...

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: TERROR -- a new orchestration piece for Call of Cthulhu

I admit, I wet myself in fright.

Great spook organ too!

Comment

LOL

Comment

Sounds massive & yeah, it's spooky as hell
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

What's your thought process when trying to write a piece of music for terror? Lots of the dissonant intervals (b2, b3, b5)?

I like the strings, they really make the piece for me.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            What's your thought process when trying to write a piece of music for terror? Lots of the dissonant intervals (b2, b3, b5)?
            Hmm, depends on the piece. I can tell you that for something like this, the tail has to fit back into the head because it's going to be looped and may play for up to an hour depending on how long the scene or encounter runs.
            Musically speaking, anything that's not a unison, octave, perfect fourth or perfect fifth is a dissonance. When I'm writing something to build tension, I tend to go for deceptive cadences (not resolving to the I or tonic) and using suspensions. I also borrow neighbor tones but instead of using them as passing tones, I will hang onto them to create rubs.

I like the strings, they really make the piece for me.
            Thanks! It was fun playing the strings with the pitch bend wheel lol.

Comment

Working...
            X