How to play slap guitar lesson - THE jumping off lick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play slap guitar lesson - THE jumping off lick

A simple slap and pop jumping off lick that is an excellent way to start off your riffs and phrases! Used by all the greats (including Flea, who is mentioned and demonstrated in the video) and an important step in fast tracking yourself to playing slap guitar. Does anybody else play slap? Hope you enjoy it and all feedback welcome!

Re: How to play slap guitar lesson - THE jumping off lick

Percussive playing is awesome.

Jude Gold should be mentioned, as well.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
      Reggie Wooten is the Steve Vai of slap guitar... He should have a few videos out.
      I've seen a few videos of him playing with Victor. Both of them are crazy players!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        Percussive playing is awesome.

Jude Gold should be mentioned, as well.
        Yeah I love Jude's podcast where he interviews other players. Very tasty player himself. Havent really researched his.style much though, I'm more influenced by bass players, though I guess a little other slap guitarist research would be a good thing!

Comment

I only recently started doing slap on the bass. Though I can see how it can be used to accent one's phrasing.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            I only recently started doing slap on the bass. Though I can see how it can be used to accent one's phrasing.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
            Absolutely! People don't realize how many applications there actually are for it aside from the usual funk grooves

Comment

Working...
            X