banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

EMG 89R, super-wide range of tonez.. Or Gibson Burstbucker 'Pro Neck' or '#2'

Comment

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Trick question you can't play hard rock without a bridge pickup.

I'd stick a HB size P90 in there

Comment

Really nice guitar! sell it to jazz cat for serious money and you both will be a happy crowd.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

JB or Super Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Full Shred
            My first thought as well. Not having a bridge humbucker is going to be a real challenge, and something that can do bright is the obvious solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              My first thought as well. Not having a bridge humbucker is going to be a real challenge, and something that can do bright is the obvious solution.
              Thus my choice of the Deathbucker. Even in the neck position with the tone rolled all the way off and a sick amount of distortion, it doesn't mud out.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Man - this thread has sown more dissent than anything the Democrats or Republicans could ever do!!!

We are all over the freaking map here...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Man - this thread has sown more dissent than anything the Democrats or Republicans could ever do!!!

We are all over the freaking map here...
                  Unlike politics where both sides are usually wrong, in this thread most people are right!

I like the Pearly Gate and Deathbucker ideas. Although any PAF will do doom/stoner.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ok, I'll play.

PATB-1n. Push-push pot for series/parallel. Push-push pot for split. Outboard EQ, compressor, and then the dirt pedal/OD du jour.

Comment

Is "router" an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
                        Is "router" an option?
                        I wouldn't. Why take something that's fairly unique, and turn it into a dime-a-dozen axe? I don't think I've ever seen a single-neck LP before.

Which begs the question: Is this thing original? Was it made that way from Gibson?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
                          Is "router" an option?
                          Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          I wouldn't. Why take something that's fairly unique, and turn it into a dime-a-dozen axe? I don't think I've ever seen a single-neck LP before.
                          I haven't seen one either, but I wouldn't play that enough to justify keeping it regardless of which pickup was installed. So that leaves router / craigslist / reverb as the only options for me.

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          Which begs the question: Is this thing original? Was it made that way from Gibson?
                          I seriously doubt that it's original, and I'm not 100% sure that it isn't some sort of copy. The trussrod cover, pickup ring, and knobs aren't original, nor are the tuners (or at least the tuner buttons).

I've seen a few carved top LPs with a single bridge pickup, but none with only a neck pickup.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Ah . . . in that case, do the router.

Comment

Gibson custom shop does single pickup versions, but the knobs are usually laid out as follows:

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I can only see that guitar being good for two things Jazz or Drone. For Jazz I would put a Benedetto B6 in there and for Drone I would put a Livewire Metal in there.
                                Last edited by idsnowdog; 06-15-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X