Forgot my amp! So I grabbed a 700 watt one instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot my amp! So I grabbed a 700 watt one instead

I was playing guitar for the youth group last night, and I forgot my Sovtek head. Had everything else, my 112, pedals, etc, but no amp... Well, my Gallien Krueger bass head was there unused, so I grabbed it and ran my guitar through it. The crazy thing is, it sounded awesome! As good as the Sovtek head. I may have to try that one again.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Forgot my amp! So I grabbed a 700 watt one instead

Awful lot of bass preamps are based on the Fender Bassman, so they tend to work quite well for guitar. Main thing you have to watch out for is the tweeters in some cabinets, which can be painful with heavy distortion.

Comment

Yeah, I was using my guitar cab. My bass cabs don't sound good on guitar, unless it's an acoustic. Too wide of bandwidth for electric, especially with any sort of overdrive.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by dankstar View Post
          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. No one should be left alive.
          lol!!!!
          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least.
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.
              Now THAT'S rock and roll. Sigged.
              Last edited by 75lespaul; 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM.
              My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
              or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
              http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar

Comment

Working...
              X