banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's Electra SG becomes Drop C# or C riff machine due to garbage intonation (Clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's Electra SG becomes Drop C# or C riff machine due to garbage intonation (Clip)

I overhauled this Electra SG from the 70s that had seized pots and dead pickups, put a Seymour Duncan SH6 set in there as well as CTS pots and Switchcraft switch and jack that I got for free out of a Chibson. I got the bridge for free from another guy and it did fit, but the intonation on this guitar is garbage so I decided to get it as close as I could and tune it to Drop C to make some 80's riffs. Or I think it's a Drop B guitar..
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: 70's Electra SG becomes Drop C# or C riff machine due to garbage intonation (Clip

You are a monster kid I love it. Cool shirt too.

Comment

Re: 70's Electra SG becomes Drop C# or C riff machine due to garbage intonation (Clip

There's nothing cooler than taking something and bending it to be used for in a way it was never intended to.

And yes, I see the double meaning in that.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

You got the gainz!

Cool riff... see how it sounds stoner style on the neck pickup with less gain and more mids.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          You are a monster kid I love it. Cool shirt too.
          My guitars are the embodiment of Frankensteins.
          Gear
          Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
          Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
          Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Nathan, what pedals and amp are you going through?

Comment

Are you sure the wrong intonation isn't on account of the freebie bridge you put on it?

Most Electras were higher end japs and had good hardware. Give the original a soak in alcohol or WD-40 if it's grimy or seized up
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                Nathan, what pedals and amp are you going through?
                I wasn't using any pedals here, but I had Amplitube 4 running with some FX and such from there. My amp died so I can't use my pedalboard much anymore.
                Gear

Comment

Working...
                X