Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Neck Pickup?

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
    Not the pole screws - I'm talking about the small screws on the bottom which hold the bobbins onto the baseplate.
    Oh! Gotcha.....never crossed my mind to do that.
    Thank you!

Comment

What Neck Pickup?

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!
      BKP Rebel Yell wins!!
      Just removed the cover and looky here!!!

So the bridge SH-5 will be zebra and a double cream BKP in the neck!!

Comment

Ok, surgery done.
        Custom in the bridge and Rebel Yell in the neck.

The Custom has a bit of top end sizzle that I need to get used to. The last pickup that was in there had an A8 magnet, so yes....completely different high end response.
        I have only played it through my 20W Blackstar and it sounded big even at slightly louder than bedroom levels.
        I can’t wait to hear it through the Splawn at band levels. And I’m also curious as to how it will sit in the band mix. Judging from what little I have just heard now, I think it’s going to sound really good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2cveh8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	5818701

Comment

yeah man, looks great. the sizzle you hear with the custom really helps it cut through but using a lower value pot will tame if it you wanna have it gone

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              yeah man, looks great. the sizzle you hear with the custom really helps it cut through but using a lower value pot will tame if it you wanna have it gone
              I actually already have 250k pots in that guitar. It’s not an overwhelming sizzle. It’s just different from the Fokin A8 that was in it before.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                Just realized...I was playing through a different cab than usual. This one has a WGS vet30/ET65 combo. I’m likely hearing the V30 mids. Also I noticed the screws on the pickup were adjusted all over the place. Probably set up for the previous owners guitar. I adjusted them a bit and that also helped.

Comment

Have you considered the Jazz neck? I'd think it would work well with a LP? I'm not a big fan of the 59. Found it bland and stiff. The Jazz to me is clearer and more articulate.

--------------------------------------------------------------
                  '19 Charvel DK24 HH - Chlorine Burst / '19 Jackson SL3 - Chlorine Burst / '20 Charvel San Dimas HH - Gloss Black
                  Marshall JCM800 20W head + SC212 cab / Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 1x10 Combo + Thiele 1x12
                  --------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]104065[/ATTACH]
                    fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap .....
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                    X