Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB/Super D hybrid

Does it djent?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The JB has shortcomings?

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
        ...it would be kind of cool to see what A5 sounds like. It was a popular mod for the Super D for a short time
        Really? I put an A5 into a Super D and HATED it. Thinner, weaker, just bad. I thought I was the only person dumb enough to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          The JB has shortcomings?
          Love the JB. I have no idea how it can sound punk, country, rawk and metal all at once but it does. And I don't give an eff about "compression". I was more talking about what others say they dislike. I can hear some imperfections tho such as the cut up bass and clogged up mids.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
            Really? I put an A5 into a Super D and HATED it. Thinner, weaker, just bad. I thought I was the only person dumb enough to try it!
            Double thickness mag is where it's at son.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 04-16-2019, 10:58 PM.
            I bought them for you

Comment

That would make a difference! I didn't know there was any such thing until recently.

Comment

Yep! I won't go back to standard thickness mags in the bridge. I'm thinking about getting a magnetizer so I can glue A6 and 9 mags together and make double thickness ones.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                  Yep! I won't go back to standard thickness mags in the bridge. I'm thinking about getting a magnetizer so I can glue A6 and 9 mags together and make double thickness ones.

Magnets dont work that way. You cant glue them together and get them to act as one. Even if you glue then while they are unmagentized. You will still wind up with 2 separate magnetic fields.
                  "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                  you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

How does this compare to a straight up JB8 ?
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                      Magnets dont work that way. You cant glue them together and get them to act as one. Even if you glue then while they are unmagentized. You will still wind up with 2 separate magnetic fields.
                      Cermag posted up in here and said bonding 2 unmagnetized mags and then remagnetizing them is equivalent to having 1 continuous mag. That's also what they do with their double thick A8s...

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      How does this compare to a straight up JB8 ?
                      A little rounder bass, rings clean bot to top without the clog in the mid, different top end with a nice subtle click, plus the awesome 3d ness you get from any hybrid. It's really great.
                      Last edited by Clint 55; 04-18-2019, 10:29 PM.
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                        Cermag posted up in here and said bonding 2 unmagnetized mags and then remagnetizing them is equivalent to having 1 continuous mag. That's also what they do with their double thick A8s...
                        It will function as one mag but its not exactly the same.
                        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Were these both standard spaced coils?
                          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Both trem spaced. The pole spacing works out well with the angled hum.
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Right on yea I was wondering about that too because I think the poles between the two are slight off whether they both are standard or trem spaced.

You should take your leftover Super Distortion coil an pair it with an SH6 coil next. <err I mean TB6
                              87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Maybe I should! I'm really liking the Distortion with the Custom because they're both modern sounding, less organic.
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X