Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Nu Tube Tube screamer.

Hey guys,
    I saw a video on youtube about this pedal and now I want one. I had a few tube screamers over the years and sold them all as I found a different flavor( Of the month of me LOL) and moved away. But I always enjoyed the tone out of a tube screamer and this one new to me looks very interesting.
    I also saw they make a hand wired model, anyone mess around with these?

Re: Ibanez Nu Tube Tube screamer.

I'd be interested to know what it offers over other TS pedals- I have a TS7 and TS5, as well as a Bad Monkey. Of those I like the Bad Monkey the best. But I use the SD 805 the most- best EQ and gain range of all of them, but it can also clone the sounds of all of those.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I'd be interested to know what it offers over other TS pedals...
      It has an actual vacuum tube in it. Of course it’s a very unusual tube. It’s based on a fluorescent display tube. Google Korg Nutube for more info.

Does that make it sound better? It probably sounds different from the regular diode softclipping circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          It has an actual vacuum tube in it. Of course it’s a very unusual tube. It’s based on a fluorescent display tube. Google Korg Nutube for more info.

Does that make it sound better? It probably sounds different from the regular diode softclipping circuit.

Well, Id be interested to try. Escpecially a TS into a Fender-type amp is the sound I usually go for. But I own a bunch of TS-type pedals already, so I wouldn't really be the target market for it.

Comment

Andertons did a comparison video. They weren't very impressed, and I have to say I wasn't either. I would have just gone for a TS mini.

Comment

Does it sound better? probably not

Does it's make you feel like it sounds better with the little vacuum tube? definitely!
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post

Here's what I found https://korgnutube.com/en/ . Is it the same tube that Vox use in their new amps?

Comment

$249.99? I can design and build one for less....

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                    $249.99? I can design and build one for less....
                    True, but the market doesn't care. They see 'Tube Screamer with an actual tube, dude!' and plop their disposable income down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      True, but the market doesn't care. They see 'Tube Screamer with an actual tube, dude!' and plop their disposable income down.
                      Great point, fortunate for the seller, but an educated consumer is the seller's nemesis....

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                        Here's what I found https://korgnutube.com/en/ . Is it the same tube that Vox use in their new amps?
                        Yes, "NuTube" is trademarked by Korg, so yes, if that is what it says, it had better have one or you will be hearing from lawyers.

Comment

The hand wired is a really great sounding TS but the NuTube Screamer is a gimmicky piece of trash IMHO & I own at least one of almost every version, including the anniversary series ones!!! I ordered one when they first came out, tried to like it for a couple days & then I sent that thing back ASAP!

Compared with other 9 Series pedals it feels cheap & flimsy, not like what I’ve come to expect from Ibanez pedals at all! A real TS-9 should be able to get thrown off the roof of your 10 story apartment building without even chipping the LED.....
                          I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

$249?

*Laughs in BK Butler*

Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

It's about time they put a tube in a pedal with "tube" in the name. It makes sense from a marketing perspective. Doesn't even matter if it's worse.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X