• Re: Bad Trader Alert

Just an update, JACKSON72 is now BBAG. Avoid like the PPLAGUE

Comment

BBAG?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        A Thief showed up today at the Dimarzio forum . He is "HoosierDaddy", and 5 years ago he ripped me off badly here on the Seymour Duncan Trader forum for a hundred dollars or more on a butchered Strat neck he sent me . He agreed to take the neck back, and never sent me a refund and dispaeared off the forum. This was back in the days before Paypal buyer protection. His name is Tim from Indiana, and was "HoosierDaddy" here.
        Heads up, and watch out for this no good scoundrel.;

http://www.dimarzioforum.com/forum/i...profile;u=8939
        Typical...never understood the logic. Why bother make promises if theyll disappear anyway? Or is it procrastination plus temptation? Freakin junkies thinking theyll recover the money they already blew on drugs/booze/whatever, then realizing not gonna happen and laying low? Or what?

Happened once to me, locally though...Some a$shole sold me a clearly BS "squier neck on real Fender body" (yeah right) for $75 a few weeks back, I was only in it for the pickups told him the body was bull and he was like "yeah i prolly got ripped off on that, but hey, whichever way the pups are easily worth the $75"...NOT. Fakes too. Masked by loose jack busted switch and murdered pots + 5w SS crap testing amp + "duuuude, dont turn up, my landlords gonna kill me" + bad lighting you cant see anything in

Get back home, open her up - FAKE SEYMOUR LIDS ON THE WORST CHEAPO CERAMICS & 1 chinese fakeo hotrail measuring a staggering 4kOhm. Call him out on it, but of course he "doesnt know" and will make it right, and hes got work in the morning so he cant do it right now, tradebacks after his shift- yeah RIGHT.

Plays cat and mouse and gonna get money tomorrow for a week, then blocks number or shuts off phone & disappears.

@75 bucks, not much of a master criminal that one, just amoral victim passing on the ripoff down the line...probably could have parted out his crap squier for more, too, but NOOO, hes gotta rip off a pickup buyer with those stupid fake lids. Ugh.
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

• Re: torres pickups

Let me start by saying... [deleted]

Edit - And thus, let me finish there. I've left a response further down in this thread as to why I've deleted this post.
          Last edited by NeverEnoughAxes; 06-15-2014, 10:37 PM. Reason: Issue resolved - Huge misunderstanding with outside circumstances beyond anyone's control.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnoughAxes View Post
            Regarding Dan Torres and Torres Engineering... Dan is a very talented individual and knows his stuff with amps and pickups.
            Yes this is true.

However - I will warn everyone in the music world - Dan has changed and he is no longer a forthright or honest individual. I heard that he had changed and gave him the benefit of the doubt last year... I gave him $750 to build what was to be the last High Powered Boogie Might. It's now been over a year and I still don't have the amp or a refund. Dan refuses to stay in contact. I'm now going to have to find him (he's hiding in the Grass Valley area) and will not meet with people in person.

Be warned to NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAN! He has fallen on hard times - and has no problem ripping people off to survive.
            I've never known Dan to be forthright or honest. He was all the negative things everyone described when he serviced my Marshall nearly 20 years years ago.

Comment

Let me start by saying I have been playing a long time, and have had almost all brands of mainstream pickups. I currently have SD BassLines Quarter Pound for my PJ bass setup and have to say I love them!

Regarding Dan Torres and Torres Engineering... Dan is a very talented individual and knows his stuff with amps and pickups. I have an 84 strat that has a new body - and full bluescaster setup including every trick he has for the strat including super midrange, blender, on and on... Dan wound custom pickups for me and potted them... 5%-5%-7%. I don't need to go on about his capabilities on this SD site - which is a very fine manufacturer as well.

However - I will warn everyone in the music world - Dan has changed and he is no longer a forthright or honest individual. I heard that he had changed and gave him the benefit of the doubt last year... I gave him $750 to build what was to be the last High Powered Boogie Might. It's now been over a year and I still don't have the amp or a refund. Dan refuses to stay in contact. I'm now going to have to find him (he's hiding in the Grass Valley area) and will not meet with people in person.

Be warned to NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAN! He has fallen on hard times - and has no problem ripping people off to survive.
              Is this appropriate to post this here? Playing devil's advocate it doesn't seem fair to post something that didn't happen here. Mostly because we don't have the opportunity to hear from the other party involve. Plus why join to specifically post this? Are you posting this on every gear forum you can find?
              Last edited by ericmeyer4; 06-10-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
                Is this appropriate to post this here? Playing devil's advocate it doesn't seem fair to post something that didn't happen here. Mostly because we don't have the opportunity to hear from the other party involve. Plus why join to specifically post this? Are you posting this on every gear forum you can find?
                I think everybody here is able to read it as it is. The claims made are clear and everybody can draw their own conclusions, there isn't deception.

If the business wanted to defend themselves they would instantly be able to find these crossposts in Google and post their reply here the same way. From my experience, when those confusion things cause bad deals there is usually an inability to coordinate that, but the possibility is there.

I sure want to err on the side of caution, especially with businesses that don't only take money but where you might send a piece of equipment for modification.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                  I think everybody here is able to read it as it is. The claims made are clear and everybody can draw their own conclusions, there isn't deception.

If the business wanted to defend themselves they would instantly be able to find these crossposts in Google and post their reply here the same way. From my experience, when those confusion things cause bad deals there is usually an inability to coordinate that, but the possibility is there.

I sure want to err on the side of caution, especially with businesses that don't only take money but where you might send a piece of equipment for modification.
                  Understandable and I agree. However, I just would be cautious about this thread turning into a mechanism to air one's grievances on interactions that did not take place between members.

Comment

This was in another forum and got moved here. It wasn't posted here originally.

Comment

Wow... I just recently joined. I can safely say I'm tapping out.

Regarding posts I just read in this thread tonight from 2009 to 2012... I wouldn't normally make an issue out of something that I wasn't involved in - and that long ago, but SD moderators - this warrants comment.

I'm outraged that Ed Hunter is not banned after wishing someone was shot - when HE is obviously in the wrong/horrid/unacceptable regarding his comments towards other members and needs some serious therapy... or smoke or something!

I'm willing to read a lot of 7th grade drama here in the name of learning.... but I'm not going to sit here and waste my time reading death wishes by some hot-headed dude with possibly questionable transactions and absolutely quantifiable anger issues and only a psychologist knows what else...

Ed - if you still read this... I actually thought in some of this history/drama you were most likely not to blame... but after repeatedly reading your distasteful comments and outbursts of anger to everyone - and especially the wish for someone to be shot. Dude, time to go away and get help.

Administrators - shame on you for leaving this guy on here. Is there some political hierarchy here that Ed is a part of???

I think after reading all of that hostility and vile, and seeing that this guy isn't banned... I think I won't be back. I've dealt with a LOT of death in my life - you just don't say those things. And as a global top manufacturer (and I've been with a global top 3 manufacturer) you don't allow that to continue... Leaving him as a standing member puts a really bad taste about SD in one's mouth. I don't want that - SD doesn't deserve to 'taste' like that.
                      Last edited by NeverEnoughAxes; 06-15-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Understandable and I agree. However, I just would be cautious about this thread turning into a mechanism to air one's grievances on interactions that did not take place between members.
                        Yes - As beaubrummels mentioned - this was on another thread and was moved here by the moderators.

In all fairness to Dan - There is an update. I will most likely delete the original post I made, but wanted to clear the air here too rather than just deleting something without explanation. In this case - explanation, respecting one's privacy, needs to be given.

Dan responded to me last week finally after a long delay of no response from him. I will clearly stand corrected that Dan has not tried in any way to rip me off, nor was it his desire to ignore me. Out of privacy I will not say what has prevented Dan from responding or building the amp, but I have done business with him over the many years and the circumstances that have caused his current issues were absolutely not anything he has had control of or caused. There are several circumstances, including health and other things that have happened to Dan and he was completely unable to build this amp or even have access to email to contact me at times. He did not tell me the details of his circumstance originally out of the desire for his privacy - which he fully deserves.

Dan has told me what has happened and he has been unable to fulfill orders in the recent years because of the circumstances that he has had no control over. But he has continued to rise above it - and fight to keep his business and talents alive.

Dan Torres wants nothing more than to make everything right with all customers who were affected by this and is definitely making this right with me. I'm confident that Dan will be able to fulfill his obligations and that I will have exactly what I went to him for.

I retract everything I mentioned in this forum regarding this transaction with him - he is a good man that desires nothing more than to do right by everyone and continue to give what he has given to the music community for many years.

One of the reasons I started going to Dan many years ago is because he gives things to people for free that some custom shops charge a lot of money for... I'm talking about things like the secrets behind his treble bleed kits, including offering the parts at their true uninflated value - mere cents and dollars, and other trick items available for Strat wiring harnesses - all of which I have in my tone monster strat.

So now I know the truth of what has happened regarding Dan's business in recent years, but can not share it out of respect for Dan's privacy. I can say that he is still the good man he always was... and to the best of his ability desires to make all delinquent business good.

Edit - BTW, this was the reason I came to this forum today - to clear the air regarding Dan Torres. I did however read a LOT in the history of this thread that was plain childish and it warranted my comment just prior to this one.

Cheers to all of you, besides Ed Hunter from past posts, I've enjoyed reading your comments.
                        Last edited by NeverEnoughAxes; 06-15-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Re: Ed Hunter -- The posts in question were from 2 years ago.
                          Ed received infractions for inappropriate comments at the time.
                          He is still a member of the forum.
                          I assure you that I and the other forum admins do our best to treat everyone fairly.

As for the Dan Torres issue -- I appreciate that you took the time to let us know the whole story.
                          Sometimes, things just go wrong for a guy.

As for anyone who has a legitimate complaint with a fellow trader, my suggestion is to post your Bad Trader Alert after all other avenues have been exhausted.
                          sigpic
                          "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                          --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                          Originally posted by Lewguitar
                          In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I read 6 or 7 pages of this thread... Now I need an excedrin. I can see where it would be useful... But maybe a list of the possible bad traders could be stickied where you didn't have to read 30 pages of block text.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder Blonde View Post
                              I read 6 or 7 pages of this thread... Now I need an excedrin. I can see where it would be useful... But maybe a list of the possible bad traders could be stickied where you didn't have to read 30 pages of block text.
                              The search function also comes in handy.

Comment

Paid dir-en-grey44 for an EMG 60 on 1/7/15 and after 3 weeks I finally get the PM that the item was confirmed from the post office as LOST. (How exactly does a non-traceable package get confirmed it was lost? This kind of a lie is sort of an admission there that item was never sent) I was getting weird vibes initially as he posted a disclaimer saying if paying with paypal gift (to get reduced shipping $$) there is no tracking info to guarantee item will arrive. (basically a fool proof way of scamming money from people and leaving them with no recourse since sending paypal "gift")

Adding to this that he's from Canada and I'm in the US, that should have kept me away but I saw he completed a transaction with SD member Dominus that I also dealt with years ago, so I felt unless he is a real prick that is going to rip me off, I should be ok. Well I should have listened to that little voice trying to warn me.

His last PM from today 1/31/15: Package has been lost, I filed for a package lost claim but I would only be getting 5 bucks back cause it was valued at 5 when I sent it to avoid COD for you. I am very sorry for the trouble man. I would refund you but you were the one who choose the cheapest shipping method. I could refund you whatever insurance I get back though.

I said it 10 years ago on page one of the bad traders list when I got ripped off from that scumbag guy dalastecaffeine (who someone mentioned that he was going to off himself,maybe due to his own guilt or shame from ripping people off???) that I should think twice before trusting people under a certain age. Now 10 years later getting scammed by another "kid" I feel like I was correct for having these reservations for dealing with people this young without them proving themselves as responsible.

I have probably had around 100 deals on this forum in the last 10 years or more and like the last time I got scammed, I had a funny feeling that something was not right and just like this time the same feeling. Both times it was what looks like teeny kids as their avatar so... Getting scammed out of $44 sucks, but I hope karma kicks their ass as it's not good to rip people off unless their career is a life of crime.

This Canadian EMO-kid avatar should have made me wary of dealing with anyone like this from the get go

Consider this a heads up for anyone considering dealing with this guy who only has 18 posts here. As for me I will never deal with him again and will warn people about this guy's shady tactics.

Comment

Working...
                                X