Need help with wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wiring diagrams

I’m trying to find a wiring diagram for 2 Humbuckers 1 volume 1 tone with a 3 way blade switch. I want to use push pull pots. One for coil split and one for series/parallel. I can find diagrams for the coil split with phase but not split and series. Or could I use a regular volume and tone and use a 5 way switch to get these sounds?

Re: Need help with wiring diagrams

Are you talking both pickups in series or parallel, or one pickup switching between series and parallel?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I would like to do both if possible.

Comment

Coilsplitting and parallel is no problem. The parallel I'm referring to is of course the kind a humbucker goes quieter and has no hum.

Now two humbuckers going together in series for a louder sound is tricky This is a good place to start. 2 push pulls. 12 sounds out of 2 pickups. I use this wiring and usually wire the neck pickup backwards but it's been a long time since I used seymour duncan pickups and I've got hum cancellation out of the coilsplits and no phase issues so I've never bothered to over think things.

the wiring at the bottom with 2 push pulls. This is their official blog so no shady links.
        In the final installation of the Seymour Duncan P-Rails wiring guide, we cover some of the most common P-Rails wiring diagrams.

for a 3 way blade import or USA

the blade switch wires up like your standard 3 way blade
        1/3 - black from your bridge pickup
        5 - nothing
        0/0 - to the volume pots left contact
        1 - nothing
        3/5 - neck pickup

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
          I’m trying to find a wiring diagram for 2 Humbuckers 1 volume 1 tone with a 3 way blade switch. I want to use push pull pots. One for coil split and one for series/parallel. I can find diagrams for the coil split with phase but not split and series. Or could I use a regular volume and tone and use a 5 way switch to get these sounds?
          This diagram does that. You decide which of the two switches in the diagram will be the push-pull on the Volume pot and which switch will be the push-pull on the Tone pot. To add a Tone pot to this diagram, you simply connect it to the left lug of the Volume pot - and you also connect a ground wire on the back of the Tone Pot to the Sleeve of the Output Jack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190706-185401_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	5818054
          Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-24-2020, 03:41 AM.
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
          X