Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    The table of Duncan Goodies was just fantastic. All kinds of neat things. I picked up a JB - which i have never owned, and for $28, I think I'll be putting a Blackout in my Vendetta project!
    I talked you in to buying the blackout and you talked me into buying a blackout.

However I don't have a guitar to put it into yet
    Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
    Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
    I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
    Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
    Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
    Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
    Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
    Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Bit late to the party, but I had an awesome day at the factory. Couldn't stay for the jam unfortunately, exact opposite of the last UGD. Couldn't have come at a more perfect time, either - getting off the active kick and now have literally nothing but Duncans in any of my electrics.

All at UGD - picked up a chrome-covered Demon that went into the neck of my Tele, a PGb that's in the neck of my Stinnett, wound an Alt5 w/A5 mag for the bridge of the Stinnett, and have been absolutely dumbfounded by how good the A2P in the bridge of my Schecter sounds. Was expecting lower output, not so aggressive, clear under low gain but muddy/loose under high gain but that's just not the case at all. The thing has a ton of balls and really rewards heavy handed playing, but also retains clarity at high gain settings and just has a general "sweetness" to it that I love.
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Here are my pics from the day.

Seymour Speaking

Evan Speaking

Special Boxes in the Sound Room

Aceman is watching you!!

MJ's tour of the Custom Shop

Me and Virtual Kevorkian

Aceman and myself playing Rock n Roll All Night

Evan Skopp and myself

Aceman and myself

Playing Paranoid

The Great Kazoo and myself

Me and MJ

Comment

Bummer, the jaguar pickup I wound did not work, However, the "59" that I purchased at the "garage sale" sounds great in the neck of my PRS santana SE...This was truly a wonderful experience. Glad some pictures have been posted...Thanks again to everybody!!!

Comment

I hope someone has a vid of the Green Onions jam...perhaps I'll check the YouTube.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
              yeah, I agree... Im going to the dean one this year if I have to walk.. (gotta get on the list first I suppose)
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                Looks like it was a great time. I wish I could have went. Seeing Warren there is awesome. I would have been starstruck for a little bit. He's one of my guitar heroes.
                Me too! I mean, meeting Seymour and MJ and Warren?? <<<< Plop, Baby cow is born>>>

So, Warren was just there hanging out?? Prolly trying to score some swag.. hahahahah
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
                  Aceman. You are very imposing.

Compliment.
                  Yet I couldn't get Evan to slip me a couple of charged magnets...Must have been the difference in time zones.

Comment

Here is a slideshow of photos taken by our own Andreina Diaz during User Group Day. http://bit.ly/nywW71

Comment

cool pics, wish I coulda been there to meet everyone and say hey to a few living legends!

Comment

Nice pics wish I could have been there. Although, I didn't recognize anyone. For some reason I was expecting to see Gene Simmons, a guy in a green mankini, chewbacca with a guitar, redneck jason voorhees, or at least the the huge breasted girl who is changes into another girl each and every day. I think it should be mandatory to show up looking like your avatar.
                        Last edited by Franknfilms; 09-02-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
                          Nice pics wish I could have been there. Although, I didn't recognize anyone. For some reason I was expecting to see Gene Simmons, a guy in a green mankini, chewbacca with a guitar, redneck jason voorhees, or at least the the huge breasted girl who is changes into another girl each and every day. I think it should be mandatory to show up looking like your avatar.
                          Hey Evan, the next UGD should be held on Halloween!

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                            Bummer, the jaguar pickup I wound did not work, However, the "59" that I purchased at the "garage sale" sounds great in the neck of my PRS santana SE...This was truly a wonderful experience. Glad some pictures have been posted...Thanks again to everybody!!!
                            Call Customer service, they said they would fix any pickups they make.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Olson View Post
                              Here is a slideshow of photos taken by our own Andreina Diaz during User Group Day. http://bit.ly/nywW71
                              Those are flippin AWESOME shots!

Comment

looks like good times for sure?!
                                Originally posted by jeremy
                                God hates bad guitar tone
                                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                                X