banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out my new Ernie Ball Albert Lee!!!!(Very pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new Ernie Ball Albert Lee!!!!(Very pic heavy)

Thanks to my bro Curly I am the owner of a fine Ernie Ball Albert Lee signature guitar! I have wanted one of these for a long time and after I finally played one my GAS turned into shopping mode. Luckily Curly contacted me, otherwise I had no idea he had one of these.

At first I wasn't crazy about the color but it certainly is a looker in person!

I wasn't on the forum last night because I was playing this dude. This is the perfect mix of Strat tones and Tele tones. I was amazed at how brassy, twangy and punchy the bridge pickup is. Go over to the 1st notch position and you have very quacky Strat tones. The third position yeilds that awful middle pickup by itself sound. I will be putting in a switch that will allow the neck and bridge PUP in position 3. It has nothing to do with the guitar, but I personally have never liked a Strat middle PUP by itself. The other two positions are nice and fat as well.

The fit and finish is second to none as well as the killer birdseye maple neck! HOT!!!!

So far so good. This guitar is almost too easy to play. I am very please at how it turned out. I WAS worried that I wouldn't like the bridge pickup, but after putting it through its paces I am no longer worried about that.

Enjoy the pics.

I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: Check out my new Ernie Ball Albert Lee!!!!(Very pic heavy)

Awesome! That birdseye is sick.

Comment

Awesome, Awesome, and just plain awesome!!!!!!!!

The birds-eye on that neck is astounding; to say the least. EBMM does such a nice job in the internal wiring. The bridge pickup is very Teleish; kind of like an APTL-1. If you talk to Kellie or Evan, they will send you the baseplate from a Twang Banger and it will make a huge difference. Also, I have heard the Silent Circuit sucks tone.

If you haven't done it yet, you will need to post your pics on the EBMM Forum too.
      -Butch

Comment

Nice, nice... Actually, I like that color a lot better than the AL you posted a while back.
        My Soundclick

Comment

I dont dig the body shape...but overall that is one hot guitar.

congrats
          Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

that is really nice... i'd love one of these models myself!!! i also have my eye on the 3 p90 model...

Comment

Beautiful - I love it!

Congratulations
              Rick
              (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
              Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

In case any of you are not familiar with Albert here is a cool video of him playing.

PS...I did not buy the guitar because of him. It just so happens I really dig the guitar itself. Albert is a great player to boot!

LINK

Comment

I'd really love to have an axe with a bird's eye maple neck. That looks gorgeous, Greg. Great addition!

Does it feel as comfortable to play as everyone says?

- Keith
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by VIBROLUX View Post
                    In case any of you are not familiar with Albert here is a cool video of him playing.

PS...I did not buy the guitar because of him. It just so happens I really dig the guitar itself. Albert is a great player to boot!

LINK

I love Albert Lee! By far my favorite country player, his licks are killer.

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                      I'd really love to have an axe with a bird's eye maple neck. That looks gorgeous, Greg. Great addition!

Does it feel as comfortable to play as everyone says?

- Keith

In one word....

YES!

Comment

Very cool, I've always liked the looks of those, and Ernie Ball makes a killer guitar!
                        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Hot! I would want one in EVH Red
                          Lister: I am your god!
                          Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                          i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

Congratulations!! That is one beautiful instrument! I am so envious.

-dave
                            I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
                              Awesome! That birdseye is sick.
                              +1. I love that neck. What's the radius? 9.5 or 12?

Comment

Working...
                              X