Dave Mason Trivia Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mason Trivia Question

Dave Mason, former Traffic member, did a few solo albums decades ago. On his Alone Together album, there's a song "Look at you, Look at me" which has a great solo for the last several minutes. Beautifully done, with lots of feeling. Anyone know who did that wonderful guitar work? Was it Dave or someone else?
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Re: Dave Mason Trivia Question

not sure, i know it was delany and bonnies backing band on alot of the tracks but...

Comment

That was Dave. He is a truly great guitarist, and has always been on of my favorites.

'65 Fender Mustang: 5-2 (n), Fralin SP-43 (b)
      '98 Fender MIA Deluxe Strat: stock VN's
      '01 Fender MIM Std. Strat: Kinman Traditionals set
      '04 Fender MIA Telecaster: stock neck/Dimarzio Pre B1 bridge
      '06 Fender MIA 57AVRI Strat: stock 57/62's
      '08 Fender MIM '69 Thinline Tele: Fender VN's

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerine49 View Post
        That was Dave. He is a truly great guitarist, and has always been on of my favorites.
        Are you sure of that? This solo is way beyond anything else that I've heard from him.
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Dave

he can play ... and write ... and sing

great album, BTW
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

I saw him do it live. Great player.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
              I saw him do it live. Great player.
              Well. I wish he would have done more of that. That solo blows me away. It puts him in my list of favorite guitarists. To me, a beautifully executed solo like this has so much more feeling & dimension than shredders that play scales super fast & yank on their whammy bars like chimps. Call me old fashioned...

What kind of guitar(s) was he playing when you saw him, and how long ago was it?

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                Well. I wish he would have done more of that. That solo blows me away. It puts him in my list of favorite guitarists. To me, a beautifully executed solo like this has so much more feeling & dimension than shredders that play scales super fast & yank on their whammy bars like chimps. Call me old fashioned...

What kind of guitar(s) was he playing when you saw him, and how long ago was it?
                I'm with you... B.B. can play one note and say all that needs to be said. There are so many players that as great as they are still don't know when NOT to play!
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                  I'm with you... B.B. can play one note and say all that needs to be said. There are so many players that as great as they are still don't know when NOT to play!
                  I Love B.B. too Dave but he only knows how to play in one area scale position and normally in C.....But he can shake one note and play fewer notes better than most...
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                    Dave Mason, former Traffic member, did a few solo albums decades ago. On his Alone Together album, there's a song "Look at you, Look at me" which has a great solo for the last several minutes. Beautifully done, with lots of feeling. Anyone know who did that wonderful guitar work? Was it Dave or someone else?
                    I Love Dave Mason and I'll have to listen to this one,as I'm not familiar with it.Thanks for sharing..
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Pretty cool song....Definately sounds like a Dave Mason solo,as I have some of his other albums....I Like the album "Let It Flow"...Has "So High" and "We Just Disagree" on it..

Comment

last time i saw dave he was playing a tele with some pedals thru a super reverb but i think it was a backline amp

Comment

I remember Dave playing a red Firebird when he was on the cover of Guitar Player back in the mid-70's. I think he played Strats back in those days, too.
                          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Yep I've seen Dave playing strats and Teles...Haven't seen the firebird,but could see him playing one...

Comment

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
                              X