Heritage Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage Guitars

Anyone have any experience with these guitars?

Opinions? Pros? Cons?

Re: Heritage Guitars

HA! im sure someone will be along shortly to give you more details but basically they are very well made guitars.

Comment

I had one for a while but sold it shortly after.

The neck profile was a little flat for me (similar to my 1980 lp) but I can't remember the model or year. But aside from that it was an awesome guitar.

Comment

Mine's great. But I didn't like the stock Schaller bridge. It's got a Wilkinson TOM on it now, but eventually it'll get a TonePros or a Gibson. Otherwise, it's Gibson Custom Shop quality at Gibson USA prices.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

If you get one, chances are that Brent has owned and sold it at one point.

Comment

local shop had a couple in stock a while back. They sh*t all over any current gibson model, production or custom shop. Very well made guitars
            2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
            Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
            Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Heritage are to Gibson what G&L are to Fender.

That pretty much sums it up.
              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I really want to like these guitars, I really do. But it seems like everytime I've picked up a Heritage it has some nasty finish flaw. I've looked at the 535 and the 555 and the Golden Eagle, and every one had dirt or something under the finish!

I have 50 guitars, with G&L (18) my favorite brand; and it is a good analogy that sososomething made. (Though my G&Ls are better made than Fenders.) I'll keep looking at Heritage, but as of yet I haven't found anything that would make me want to swap out any of my 11 Les Pauls or my ES-335.

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Good friend has an endorsement deal with them he likes their stuff a nlot . What I have seen of his gear they are rock solid guitars so far .

HR
                  It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Good or bad, the one I played had a stiff feeling compared to production or custom shop Gibsons- stiff as in it felt alot more solid like a PRS. If you buy them new these days they offer a standard tuneomatic as an option.

I'm seriously thinking of a silver burst 157 (the les Paul custom model).

For the most part, their flame maple tops aren't as pretty as newer Gibsons, but that's also because they use the original Michigan maple Gibson used in the old days

Comment

They sh*t all over any current gibson model, production or custom shop. Very well made guitars
                      Heritage are to Gibson what G&L are to Fender.
                      I beg to differ.

I struggled with the Gibson vs. Heritage decision a few years back, went with Gibson, don't regret it at all 4 Gibsons later (all of which I still own). Gibsons are made better, hold their value better, are plekked if they are recent (Heritage quit using plek and their fretwork is meh). Even unplekked the fretwork tends to be a lot better on the Gibsons. I've seen quite a few of both since I work on guitars, and the quality of the Gibsons in the last few years or so has been oustanding, the Heritage, average at best.

If I were going to buy another G style guitar, I wouldn't even consider Heritage over Gibson, but I can think of a number of Gibsons off the top of my head that I'd jump at. Has nothing to do with the name, but it does have to do with my knowledge of the quality of the builds.

Comment

Had a c150 cm for 10 or 11 years. It was a better Les Paul than the vast majority of Gibson production models Ive owned. Low marks for the schaller roller bridge and tp they used to use. It def made for a stiffer feel and brighter sound. But build quality was much better than anything barring my old magic 1991 ish black standard, and my 2 custom shop Gibsons (one a 83 special run of 250, and the other a 2005 R8)

These days I would take a heritage sight unseen vs its production line Gibson equivalent without a second thought, despite the headstock, lol. Assuming it had a big honking neck..most heritages have a 60s or even super thin 70s norlin type neck..but you can order them with the baseball bats.

Gibson custom shop is a different story.
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Good guitars that I have never connected with.

I used to work for a Heritage dealer....have played more than I can count and can honestly state that none of them compared favorably with Gibson custom shop stuff.

I have also played just as many dog Heritages as I have gibsons. I would consider Heritige to be teh most overrated maker out there today that isnt named Gibson.
                          Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                            Brentrocks is the forum salesman for Heritage Guitars... he sells them so much he keeps selling the ones he buys! haha!

They are good guitars.
                            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_of_Fish View Post
                              Good guitars that I have never connected with.

have played more than I can count and can honestly state that none of them compared favorably with Gibson custom shop stuff.

I would consider Heritige to be teh most overrated maker out there today that isnt named Gibson.
                              I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X