banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going full circle - Back to the APII/59 combo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going full circle - Back to the APII/59 combo!!!

It's been a while since I've posted on this board. Had to register again (formerly known as GoldenBuff96). Glad to see that some of the gangs are still around - Lew, Jolly, Jeremy, Stevo, Dr.Barlo, Scott, etc..

I've tried a bunch of humbuckers (thanks and no thanks to the advise and GAS created on this board). $500+ later, I came back to where I first started from. I love the APII/59 combo. It got everything I wanted. The neck sings effortlessly and the bridge gives me plenty of warmth (I play blues and rock). What an awesome combo! Thanks, Seymour.

Nonetheless, I would like to acknowledge
    The "contenders" (love these) - C, CC, C5, PG-neck, Airzone, SuperDistortion, Fralins, Seths, Burstbuckers

And the "pretenders" (yuck!) - ToneZone, JB, PG-bridge, BBQ

Re: Going full circle - Back to the APII/59 combo!!!

I'm glad it's working out for you.

What didn't you like about the JB and PG(b)?
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: Going full circle - Back to the APII/59 combo!!!

Originally posted by Robert S.
      I'm glad it's working out for you.

What didn't you like about the JB and PG(b)?
      The PG bridge was just thin and bright sounding in my LP. And I didn't care for the upper mids of the JB, a bit piercing. Note, I did the adjustments and 250 pot, but these two were not for me. I just couldn't understand why people like these pups so much. Nonetheless, I think the custom-series (C, CC, C5) are absolutely spectacular. And so was the AirZone and SuperDistortion.

Comment

Working...
      X