Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Cloud 9, another L.P.

Well.........

over the last few weeks work was busy, and I put in over 60 hours of overtime. I was looking at going to Music machine and "investing" in another les paul. I was looking at getting a USA standard that had a top with some action. The prices are the lowest I have ever seen for new les pauls. When I got there 2 or 3 cloud 9 les pauls sold within 30 min. I asked what was the deal was and they had blown out the prices on the cloud 9 series. Historic reissues for under 3K. Actually close to the price of a the les paul premium plus standards. I really wasn't planning on it, but I thought it would be a better "investment". With there being a limited run of cloud 9 guitars, and the "controversy" surrounding the guitars, I thought I would take a chance, and get one. The guitar I bought is on their home page. Man I can't believe i bought another historic.

New models, hot deals, special financing and sweepstakes.
    Last edited by 54stratlover; 04-14-2005, 11:52 AM. Reason: update
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Re: On Cloud 9, another L.P.

Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

it has kind of a "rock" top. and the guitar doesn't look as "red" as it does in the pictures above. I will try to get a few better pics. Sonically the guitar is very impressive. the chambering gives the guitar an added something.

Comment

All I saw was Hamers
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Congrats on your beautiful new guitar. I think chambering a Les Paul is an improvement unless you're playing metal or hard rock. Of the 10 or 11 Pauls I've owned, my favorite is my chambered Elegant.

Comment

That's my favorite color for a les paul. Awesome guitar!
            teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

Re: On Cloud 9, another L.P. (update 4/14)

here are a few more pics from today

Comment

I know, the grass is long, but the snow isn't done flying here...

Comment

Over the last few days, I went to guitar stores all over central and western washington. WOW, it was actually exhausting. I saw so many things that I was toying with the idea of buying. Actually the inventory of L.P.s was down. I saw the GIBSON rep at one of the stores. I had my '59 RI with me. I politely told him my feelings about the internet thing. I told him that I probably would have not bought the guitar that I had that day had it not been for viewing in the internet. You could tell that he felt "our" pain, but really was in no position to do anything about it. It was a really really interesting few days.

Comment

WOW!!!
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

The Music Machine thing was actually really kind of sad in a way. I think it is an end of an era for them. they are bracing for something new there. Lots of hamers, fenders, ricks, gretsch, taylors PRS and others. No gibsons. Actually, this is not an isolated incident. the gibson rep said that out of 11 states he lost over half of his dealerships. I don't remember the exact #'s but this put him at less than 15 dealerships now. I remember a year ago when I first started going to MM, they had an inventory of over 700-750 guitars. Mindblowing!! yesterday they were under 170 pieces (acoustic and electric). they were selling as I was sitting there trying them out. Kramer was helping me check out guitars in the basement, and Nathan kept running down and getting guitars. "sold another one" he would yell. I would hear him start running upstairs, on his way down. I kept thinking he was gonna be coming for one of the ones that I was looking at. But he didn't. I guess Dave Carpenter (the founder and owner) is selling music machine to one of the other guys at the store. He is gonna be doing some consulting, concerning internet sales,and website construction. I would imagine it will be for music 123. as it stands, there will not be many guitars left to to send to them. Oh well. I will miss being able to run down to the tri-cities and check out all the 58, 59, and 60's.

Comment

great looking guitar.... how much lighter is it compared to your other LP?
                        '05 Gibson SG Standard
                        '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
                        PRS IRW McCarty
                        '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
                        82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

here is a little review of the cloud 9. It has the bumple bee caps, and the cts pots. From what I can tell the chambering it chambering is close to what a B.B. King lucille would be. Mine Isn't as light as some of the cloud 9's, but it is light. It is strung with pyrimid 10-52's (they feel like 9's). Action is extremely low. (no buzzing.) acoustically the guitar is very resonant. It projects very well and resonates for quite awhile. it also has a crispness to it acoustically. I have only tried it through my line 6 at this point (too tired last night, and the wife is sleeping today). On the line 6 I did notice that the articulation and crispness was also there. It basically summed up to EXTREMELY good string to string articulation. Great for led zep tunes. It is loaded with burstbuckers 1&2. I will have to try them more and get back to you all on them. I have a feeling that this guitar wants antiquities, or a custom shop set, possibly peter greens? or S-deco 2 with an uncovered zebra at he bridge. on to next
                          Last edited by 54stratlover; 04-14-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ez74
                            great looking guitar.... how much lighter is it compared to your other LP?
                            probably a good pound or more. the transblack dials in at the heavy 8 area, 8.8-9.1 maybe. this one is 7.8 per music machine weight measurment. I can feel the weight difference when wearing it.

Comment

Before I get into this part of the story I have to preface it by saying that "I AM A BAD MAN". There is another les paul that I say the other day that I was checking out. It is another '58. It is at another store. I have already thought about doing some "horse trading". here it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X