Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Wah Pedal

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
    Hi Bobby....Thanks for the nice wah plug buddy! Today I got another 1 of Bludave's wahs to mod....An 847 go figure!
    well Johnny, don't look now but there's probably another one heading your way here very shortly. I'll be in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
      John, I agree on the need for one great wah tone. However, tweakability is like tilt-steering in a car. You can adjust it to where you want it, and then LEAVE it set.

That's what I've done with my Weeping Demon.
      I listened to some soundbytes of the Weeping Demon at M-F a few weeks back and just went back to review them again and I gotta admit the pedal sounds like it can do some pretty incredible things but I'm not sure what kind of rig was used with the Demon to make those tracks. I wouldn't mind trying one out at least to hear what it does.

Comment

I'm really biased towards the Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah. Almost infinitely tweakable, including the option of using the on/off switch on the side of the pedal or setting it to turn on when you step on it (a la the Bad Horsie).

Skarey recommended it to me (along with a couple of other brothers), and I recommended it to daemonbarbeque (who also loves it).

Great bang/buck ratio as well.
        i really think you should go with the ibanez too.

Comment

John, I agree on the need for one great wah tone. However, tweakability is like tilt-steering in a car. You can adjust it to where you want it, and then LEAVE it set.

That's what I've done with my Weeping Demon.
          The key is to get the wah set for it's best area of vocal quality and tone and then you can not have to worry about adjusting stuff....If you had a pot that went from 0 to 10 and 6 was your favorite setting,wouldn't you always set that pot to 6? Guitarists have this KISS mentality! The guy selling the wah can satisfy many different people's styles and I can see that as being a plus,but sometimes it's harder when something is over tweakable!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man View Post
            I listened to some soundbytes of the Weeping Demon at M-F a few weeks back and just went back to review them again and I gotta admit the pedal sounds like it can do some pretty incredible things but I'm not sure what kind of rig was used with the Demon to make those tracks. I wouldn't mind trying one out at least to hear what it does.
            You now how to contact me if you need to Bobby!
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Meh, I admit that I'm biased. A decent pedal can become a great pedal with John's magic touch.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

If you really like the Vai sound, go with the morely, but if you're looking for something more vintage sounding get a crybaby 535Q. Thats what i use and it sounds good and it is really adjustable.

Comment

I use a Bad Horsie 2 and couldnt be happier. It does have a sound of its own though, it is not a vintage wah, but i like it The switchless operation makes things so much simpler for me when playing with band. I have had no issues with it. It is a well built unit and so if you like its tone then i highly recommend you get it since it should serve you well

Comment

I didn't think I would like using the "switchless" function on the WD7, but now that's the only way I use it.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I totally disagree with the "1 great wah tone" idea. I'm actually on my way out to the garage to put in a switch so I can go from fat & bassy to a thinner, funk/classic rock type of tone.

If I wasn't able to solder, a tweakable wah would be the only thing I'd be happy with.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Well i am really really happy with the Ibanez WD7...
                        I am going to tell you the long wah search that i had ,and how i ended by tHe Weeping Demon!.
                        I was looking for a modern sound.I hated the Crybaby style switching.since you have to begin in that specific position ,and i hated it.But i gave them a chance and tested them.
                        The Dime Wah was too sharp for my ears.The Wylde wah was not bad ,but was not as tweakable as the Dime wah.So i quit testing them
                        Than i tested Morleys.The switchless design was cool.The Bad horsey i and ii are great units.But not tweakable as Dime wah ,and not quite as Wylde wah.Wylde wah was really really quite!
                        So i cheked the Weeping Demon.It's true bypass ,endlessly tweakable ,really robust.You can change the batteries without moving the whole device ,or unmount it from your pedalboard.You can switch between switchless and switched modes.you can define the delay of the effect ,the range ,q ,and frequency depth.there is a fine tuning knob to set the frqueny for your tastes.I used it for bass too and it so awesome.it's bigger than any wah that i tried ,and i have to say.Give it a try.It's worth your 15 minutes!And it's price is reasonable!
                        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          I totally disagree with the "1 great wah tone" idea. I'm actually on my way out to the garage to put in a switch so I can go from fat & bassy to a thinner, funk/classic rock type of tone.

If I wasn't able to solder, a tweakable wah would be the only thing I'd be happy with.
                          I totally agree ,and he WD7 delivers it!totally!
                          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

I should've said, "If I couldn't mod my Crybaby, I'd have bought a Weeping Demon."
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Whenever I Mod a guy's wah that person let's me know how much extra stuff they want added to their circuit....The more stuff you add,the more chance for problems down the road....Everytime I add these extra bells and whistles,I still find the sweet spot and leave it there....I'm just saying that if something is dialed in right from experienced ears and years of playing,that the 1 great sound still is very valid....

The Dunlop stock wahs are pretty dismal compared to a really vocal wah that has the correct resonant sweep...
                              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-26-2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

im constantly pimping out Snarling Dogs wahs. As u can see below i have one, and ive never even thought about another wah. If anything these things have over all other wahs, its the sweep. It gives u about twice the sweep of a dunlop or vox. Not that those wahs dont sound great, but the Snarling Dogs are the most comfortable ive ever played.
                                Gear:
                                Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
                                Epi Dot Natural
                                Partscaster blackie
                                Breedlove Passport Mahogany
                                VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
                                Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X