Digitech GNX3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GNX3000

I just bought one of these the other day and think it's pretty damned good. I was in a busy music store when I compared it with the PODXT Live, and decided to go with it because of all the extras it offered.

I don't know if I should exchange it for the XT Live to get better tone or if the tone is comprable - hard to tell in a noisy music store.

What do you guys think?

Re: Digitech GNX3000

I'm sure that they've improved it quite a bit since the RPXXX days.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

i've read somewhere that there's a lag when changing "channels" on them? i've been thinking of getting one myself (for recording at home).

Comment

Originally posted by fretburner View Post
        i've read somewhere that there's a lag when changing "channels" on them? i've been thinking of getting one myself (for recording at home).
        I haven't experienced anything of the sort. It actually sounds very good, works well, and is very reliable.

It's just not as warm as my Rocktron was.

Comment

I never noticed any lag. I think the DigiTech GNX series are some of the best multi-effect processors available. I like DigiTech's tones better than Line 6's.
          Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by axeripper View Post
            I haven't experienced anything of the sort. It actually sounds very good, works well, and is very reliable.
            the only time i heard the gnx3000 was at jeniffer batten's clinic... and yes, she sounded great...and she was playing straight through the PA system.

good to know what i read (about the lag) was (most likely) untrue.

my friend has a gnx3 and it sounds pretty good, and i don't notice any lag at all.

It's just not as warm as my Rocktron was.
            your rocktron? prophesy?

Comment

Working...
            X