Setting Up My Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up My Rack

I have a 6-space case I got so I could get into rack gear, but I got in and I got out. This was left over and I couldn't sell it so I am thinking about utilizing it to contain some of my gear so I can get my room cleaned up a bit.

It is a 6-space case and I planning to add some shelving a drawer so I can utilize the space I have and keep everything organized.

First, I will get the mounting bracket for the my Bass PodXt and attach it to the top of my rack. This keeps it in reach of the computer and me.

Next, I will get a sliding rack shelf so I can mount my M-Audio USB Preamp and any other gear I may want to mount. This will allow me to get rid of some unneeded shelving in my room, which will give me a little more open space.

Then I will get a rack drawer to keep my mics, cables, etc in so I no longer need my large Rubbermaid toolbox. Its one less thing in my room so that is a + and it keeps all of my stuff in one spot.

Finally, an amp stand so I can raise the rack up to the level I am sitting at keeping everything in an easy reach.

I hope that this will keep all of my guitar and bass gear organized and remove some of my room clutter.

When everything is said and done, I should have.... Pod on top of case. Case contains: Power conditioner, shelf w/ USB Pre, Di Box, and room for something small. Rack drawer with accessories.

Is there anything I am overlooking?

-Eric

ps- I don't plan on playing live with this stuff. Just home recordings etc.

Re: Setting Up My Rack

anyone have an opinion?

Comment

Overlooking? ... Hum ... a beer?

It sounds covered.

Comment

That's pretty intense ... I like it.

I've always been curious about that Pod bracket thing, but it seems so expensive.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by drpietrzak View Post
          Overlooking? ... Hum ... a beer?

It sounds covered.
          You ain't ge'n no beer near my gear! Foo. Plus I don't drink.

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          That's pretty intense ... I like it.

I've always been curious about that Pod bracket thing, but it seems so expensive.
          Yeah... it is. I think it will work out though. I have all of my stuff in about 3 different places and all of my pedals and chords are in a giant mess on the floor. Hopefully this will take care of that.

I didn't think they were too expensive. They cost about $20 bucks.
          Last edited by ericmeyer4; 03-01-2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
            anyone have an opinion?
            meh, from the title of the thread, i thought you were getting breast implants
            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Working...
            X