Mesa channel switching delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa channel switching delay?

My buddies Single Recto half stack has a slight delay when he switches channels on his amp? Is this normal? Can it be fixed? Are all the Rectos like this?

Re: Mesa channel switching delay?

Yeah, it's normal.

Fortunately, most all switches between clean and dirty happen on a downbeat, and you don't end up hearing it in a band mix.
    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

i used to have a single recto and it did the exact same thing. bothered me to no end, but i didn't know what to do about it, and eventually ditched it for a dual recto.
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

Originally posted by muttonchopsrule View Post
        i used to have a single recto and it did the exact same thing. bothered me to no end, but i didn't know what to do about it, and eventually ditched it for a dual recto.
        So this is just a problem that plagues the Single Recto or all Recto's?

Comment

I honestly don't find it that bad - it's not like a loud pop, just a click from the head itself (lights switching) and then a pause... but seriously - if you're playing alone it doesn't really even matter. In a band situation, it'll get covered up just fine by a kick drum or snare hit. I can't see how it would be THAT much of a problem.
          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Give the customer service reps at Mesa a call--they maybe able to help.

Bill
            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
            X