Splawn 2 x 12" Cab--Killer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn 2 x 12" Cab--Killer!

Well, I finally stepped up and bought a Splawn 2 x 12” with 16 ohm Eminence Governors wired in parallel. Being I’m a non-professional/jam session/hobbyist, I have never really allowed myself to throw down for professional-grade gear. Like many of the tone brothers here, I scrounge pawnshops and prowl around eBay looking for decent stuff at a good price. A couple years ago I scored a Mesa Mark III head and a pair of Peavey 112SX (read: particleboard) single 12” cabs with Sheffield speakers. Decent enough compact rig, but it never really busted my nut tone-wise—kind of constipated and two-dimensional sounding. But this new Splawn cab is nothing short of a tone monster, really! I never knew how rich and girthy and utterly satisfying my rig could sound! And I mean loud too! You wanna be careful where you stand when it’s turned up so it doesn’t blow your pants off! The folks at Splawn were really great to work with too—just tell ‘em how you want it. The moral of this story? Don’t do what I did for way too many years and settle for so-so gear when the really good stuff is only a couple hundred $ more. I should have done this years ago…

Re: Splawn 2 x 12" Cab--Killer!

Prolly my next major purchase.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

...and another soul joins the fray.

Good gear is great.

Splawn gear is AWESOME.
      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

jammertom, I just noticed your username. Great minds think alike.
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
        X