Randall RM series...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM series...?

Hey guys, do the Randall RM series amps share the same treble, mid and bass controls for all the modules? Is there only a master volume and not independent preamp volumes for each of the volumes?

Anyone have experience with these? How did you like them and did they really even sound anything close to what they were modeling?
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Randall RM series...?

Comment

Thanks? I am legally blind so a jpeg doesnt do much for me man. What is informative about it?
      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
      PRS McCarty STD
      '71 Gibson SG Custom
      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
      Vox AD15VT

Comment

It's a picture of a head with three modules in it. Each module seems to have its own Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, and Level controls.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks for the help man!
          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
          PRS McCarty STD
          '71 Gibson SG Custom
          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
          Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
            Thanks? I am legally blind so a jpeg doesnt do much for me man. What is informative about it?

Sorry, I didn't realize that. Each module has its own EQ and there are master Volume, Density, and Presence controls.

Comment

Thanks for the help man. This amp seems pretty sweet, checked out some of the clis on their site. Another poor modeling attempt or does it sound good in its own right?
              Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
              Ibanez RG1570 Custom
              PRS McCarty STD
              '71 Gibson SG Custom
              Bogner Alchemist 2x12
              Vox AD15VT

Comment

I honestly haven't tried one, but a friend of mine had a combo version and really liked it. It seems like a cool concept, it's not modeling as in digital modeling, but a recreation of the different preamps as plug in modules. Since Bruce Egnater was involved with the design, I'm guessing they sound pretty good. But, I wanted to try one out when they first came out, but there aren't any dealers around me.

Comment

They sound very good...they aren't really duplicates of the names they use for the modules, but they have that vibe to them. I had an RM100, I can't say a bad thig about it.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Plus, a Kirk Hammett model is coming sometime in the future, w00tness.

Comment

Binnerscot, what modules do you have experince with? I know tht it may no sund exactly like the ampit istrying to model, but didit soun 10% like a tube amp?
                      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                      PRS McCarty STD
                      '71 Gibson SG Custom
                      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                      Vox AD15VT

Comment

Here are some cool clips: http://www.bandslink.com/randall.htm

Comment

Thank you so much for that link!

Sounds killer...
                          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                          PRS McCarty STD
                          '71 Gibson SG Custom
                          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                          Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by D-EJ915 View Post
                            Plus, a Kirk Hammett model is coming sometime in the future, w00tness.

Does it come with a built in auto-wah?
                            Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

I had the clean, XTC, Recto, and 1086. It is a tube amp, and it sounds like a tube amp. There seems to be some confusion as to the concept of RM series. Its not a modeling amp. It is based on interchangable tube pre-amps, real circuits - no modelling. The MIDI only switches channels and effect if so connected to the MIDI chain. I think the RM series sounds far more tube than many of the more traditional tube amps out there.

I didn't really like the flavor of the Recto, but the XTC and 1086 are great pre-amps (I think I liked the XTC the best). The clean was a little thick for my taste, so I changed out V1 for a 12AT7 - that did the trick for me.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Working...
                              X