Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My amp picks up radio station?

Originally posted by Mephis View Post
    My amp pickups up the weather station...
    Hey at least its something useful
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Comment

What's also funny is, even under high gain it comes through clear as a bell. What is with that lol?
      Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Just accept it as a natural part of your playing, tone, sound, and setup. Learn to live with it and it'll stop bothering you because you and the radio station/signal become one!
        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mephis View Post
          What's also funny is, even under high gain it comes through clear as a bell. What is with that lol?
          I once tested a Strat and when I switched to the high gain channel on the amp instead of the common distortion buzz I heared the radio playing loud and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by jotrimble23 View Post
            Yea i totally had that problem when i first got my Ampeg, since ive been using it in my basement i don't seem to get it anymore though. i still get a faint humming sound on the amp though (even on clean with volumes all the way down)..

Funny! I played in church one sunday (Dads the music director) and I had my trusty Ampeg AX70 by my side and then loud and clear, I pick up the local police that must have been sitting outside running radar or somthing. Never happened before! Went straight from guitar - planet waves cable - boss tu2 - planet waves - to amp. Sould have seen the look the old man gave me for that one!
            !

Comment

About a week ago a friend picked up a russian radio station on his amp.
              He had just connected my wah, so I would look in the direction of your pedals.
              I read once that Tom Morello used a pedal on the song "Sleep Now in the Fire" that picked up a Korean radio station. I think they edited it out of the song, but you can hear it at the very end. It also probably has a lot to do with where you're located.
              Originally posted by Gr8Scott
              My rap name would be Dr. Martin Luther Bling.

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
                Just accept it as a natural part of your playing, tone, sound, and setup. Learn to live with it and it'll stop bothering you because you and the radio station/signal become one!

Ya Right! no bloody radio station will live thru me gear.... that is why i love the powerbar with RF Filters.... My C30 picks up radio better then my moms radio in her kitchen

Comment

That's a strong amp!

How much did the radio station weigh?
                  Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                  When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                  Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                  Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                  Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I used to get Mexican radio stations through my amp in my early days. As J Moose said, using a cheapo coiled guitar cable to between the guitar and amp will do that.

Why is it always Mexican radio? The FCC licenses and limits US broadcasters to 50,000 watts of AM transmission power. Mexico has 250,000 watt AM broadcasters. AM radio legend Wolfman Jack broadcasted all over America from Mexico at one time. These high watt broacasters were located in border state regions south of the US Mexico Border, but they were leased to Americans, for an English speaking radio audience.

Comment

Working...
                    X