Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano Hot Mod advice

I got a Soldano Hot Mod

it came with a 6C10 tube rather than the 6K11.

This thing is a ton of gain in my 1959 Marshall SLP. I mean CRUSHING and dark! Not sure what to think. Pure metal with my amp attenuated with the Master on 3 - daaaaaaaaaaamn!

It is almost borderline Microphonic in the V2 position. Is it the 6C10? Any advice?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Soldano Hot Mod advice

Originally posted by OlinMusic View Post
    I got a Soldano Hot Mod

it came with a 6C10 tube rather than the 6K11.

This thing is a ton of gain in my 1959 Marshall SLP. I mean CRUSHING and dark! Not sure what to think. Pure metal with my amp attenuated with the Master on 3 - daaaaaaaaaaamn!

It is almost borderline Microphonic in the V2 position. Is it the 6C10? Any advice?
    Try the 6K11. It's just a shade less gain than the 6C10. The 6AC10 is considerably less gain while still being a step above the 12AX7.

Comment

I'd maybe use a pedal to find the exact level of boost you want to add to your signal. With the hot mod you get an all or nothing type situation. If its too much, but the amp alone isnt enough than just use an OD pedal.
      Marshall 2555
      Marshall 2203 Caswell Mod
      '05 Gibson Les paul standard faded
      '78 Gibson Les paul standard
      Martin Acoustics
      Duncan pickups
      Marshall Greenback cabs

Comment

Yeah, guys I might try the 6K11 instead

I mean this thing starts howling and feeding back when I turn my GUITAR VOLUME OFF! DAAAAAAAAAMN!

Look, I bought a Weber Mass and Hot Mod at the same time. The HOt Mod just came in. I frankly LOVE the Fulltone OCD thru a MARSHALL

EDIT: Tubestore called me and let me know that the 6C10 is the HIGH GAIN version of the 6K11 for all intents and purposes. That might explain the problems. The ebay seller is already shipping me a 6K11
        Last edited by OlinMusic; 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM.
        1973 Les Paul Standard

Comment

keep us posted on what happens. I have looked at one of these mods before in the past.

Comment

Mine is neat, but I'll probably ebay it off. The Edana is fine stock. It was fun to play with, but not a needed toy. I have a 6AC10 tube to go with it too along with the 6K11 in it stock. I have the 6AC10 in there now as it seems to howl less and still manages to give the old girl a kick in the pants.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED

THEY SENT ME ANOTHER HOT MOD, go figure. This one had a 6K11.

The Hod Mod is BEAUTIFUL. My Marshall sounds kinda like a Soldano meets a Marshall. Very warm gain, very brown, and it's VERY TOUCH SENSITIVE, it cleans up nice as you back off the volume or touch
              1973 Les Paul Standard

Comment

Working...
              X