Darn it,the drummer quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn it,the drummer quit

Guys our drummer announced today that he's moving and won't be playin anymore, sucks.Ok the question is please advice me about a good drum machine as we are in the middle of lot of good work and until we find another one we will be needing one.so please shoot a good machine thats easy to program .
    Thanx
    sigpicGeetars:
    Fender Daphne Blue Mustang,Fender Jaguar
    Gibson LP Studio(AIIp's),Gibson LP Standard Desert Burst
    Amps:Orange Tiny Terror,Fender 71 Princeton Reverb.Marshall Jcm800(4010)
    Pedals:
    EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Re: Darn it,the drummer quit

I'd grab something like EZdrummer, program on the computer, and then burn to a disk or use an MP3 player. It'd be more useful in the longrun than a hardware drum machine, and sound a lot more realistic!
    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
      I'd grab something like EZdrummer, program on the computer, and then burn to a disk or use an MP3 player. It'd be more useful in the longrun than a hardware drum machine, and sound a lot more realistic!
      +1

I use Turgueg (made by bram bos, and is FREE) and its very easy to use. And also gives ya the ability to Load in your own Wav's to use instead of only having access to the preloaded samples like alot of programs. So you can go find whatever sounds you like (Or make your own) an get the Exact drum sound ya want.

Also Useing a hardware drum machine is alot more complicated and time consumeing to program. And you've also always gotta worry about The battery dieing, Freeze ups, etc.... Not to mention Most won't let you add your own samples. (unless your willing to pay ALOT)
      Burning a Cd on the other hand, Ya just gotta worry about the Cd skipping cause its scratched or whatever, and if that happens, ya Just Burn another cd, Or better yet just carry multipul copys. Much easyer than trying to figure out why yer drum machine is malfunctioning.
      www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
      I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

I know how you feel. Our drummer's incredibly flakey and we're going to dump him if he misses even one more practice. I mean the practice is at HIS house and he can't find a way to show up.
        Peavey Classic 50 2x12

Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH
        Fender Showmaster

Korg Pitchblack
        Boss Ph-2
        MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Comment

Exactly , and i'm looking and all i can find are guitarists bum
          sigpicGeetars:
          Fender Daphne Blue Mustang,Fender Jaguar
          Gibson LP Studio(AIIp's),Gibson LP Standard Desert Burst
          Amps:Orange Tiny Terror,Fender 71 Princeton Reverb.Marshall Jcm800(4010)
          Pedals:
          EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Comment

Not to hijack a thread or anything, but can you people recomend the best drum-machine program for PC that is downloadable for free with fairly easy manual? thanks.
            Active Duty Rig:
            MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
            Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Yeah. Hard time finding drummers and bassists here. Most of the guitarists are crap too and think that if they pick up a guitar and can play Smoke On The Water than they'll get their **** wet. Sad story. All the good musicians here are either taken up, or the decent guitarists/singers left over. Although every now and then a good bassist or drummer pops up.

As for your question, I use the drum loop software in garage band and if I need to, make some up on my midi keyboard or drums (I have an old Ludwig set). I say it's better than using a drum machine.
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mllerrin View Post
                I know how you feel. Our drummer's incredibly flakey and we're going to dump him if he misses even one more practice. I mean the practice is at HIS house and he can't find a way to show up.
                HAHA, did you end up with my old drummer?

Comment

Working...
                X