Dunlop Pedal mount to Pedal Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Pedal mount to Pedal Board

Hey guys. I just recently bought a High gain volume/boost pedal (I think its dis-continued) and it works great!! I want to add it to my pedal board but without going the same route I did on my cry baby (same chasis and similar bottom plate). For the cry baby I took the screws out and put the rubber feet on the bottom of my pedal board, I secured the bottom plate to the chasis using duct tape. I then added velcro to the bottom. This works, and works well, but I want a cleaner, easier-to-undo way with the volume pedal.

Suggestions?
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Re: Dunlop Pedal mount to Pedal Board

Replace the feet with thin metal bars. Run the bars across the width of the pedal and make them long enough so they stick out about 3/4" on both sides. Then screw the pedal down to the board through holes in the ends of the bars.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I was thinking about that. The problem is, it's hard to reposition pedals and seeing as how there are some more pedals on my wish list my pedal board set up mght change. If at all possible I'd like to stick to velcro. (no pun intended, though I'm glad it appeared!!)
      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

What kind of board do you have? Is it a store bought or did you make it?

The way I would do it is remove the base of the pedal and place it on the board where you want it. Then drill holes through the top of the board. Once this is done you can screw the pedal down by using screws long enough to go through the base into the pedal. from the underside Easy, clean, neat!

I did mine a little different. What I did is I drew a circle around the feet on my wah where I wanted it to mount. Then I used a hole drill bit (I think it was 3/8") and I recessed the feet so the bottom plat sits flat on the board. Then I put a peice of velcro on the bottom to hold it down. Works fine and it rarely comes out of place.
        Last edited by Bludave; 05-21-2007, 02:15 PM.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

These sound like awesome suggestions!!

For the record, my pedal board is a home made.

There's enough pics. Those are all before I got the volume pedal (which arrived Friday). Like I said I want to find a way to do with velcro and without duct tape. Drilling holes in my board just makes it harder for me to move stuff around when I add/subtract pedals.

Thanks.

Comment

How about taking the screws out of the feet (or finding other screws at the hardware store) and screwing the plate on without the feet? Then just velcro as usual.

Comment

The best pedal boards, cases, cables, power supplies and more.

They make a plate with pre-installed velcro and recessed screw holes. $20. The cleanest best solution for this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RockStarNick View Post
                http://www.stompin-ground.com/

They make a plate with pre-installed velcro and recessed screw holes. $20. The cleanest best solution for this problem.
                that's what i use on my wah, you can see it in this pic...

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I use a large plastic wire tie to hold my wah pedal to the board. I use smaller wire ties to hold my other pedals on. Drill one hole on each side of your pedal through the board. Put the wire tie up through on hole, over the base of the wah, down through the other board hole, through the grooved loop in the wire tie, pull to lock it, and cut of the excess. Works great. If you ever want to sell your pedals, it doesn't have velcro all over it. People hate that.
                  '94 Gibson Les Paul Classic Prem Plus - WCR Darkburst/Godwood
                  '00 Gibson Les Paul Standard - PG/Custom
                  '03 Warmoth Korina super strat - SSL-1/JB
                  '06 Schecter Gryphon - '59/JB
                  '07 Fender JV Strat - Antiquity Texas Hot Set
                  Alvarez AJ60SC Acoustic

'07 Bogner XTC 101B ---> Bogner 4X12 w/G12H-30/Vintage 30 combo
                  '07 Mesa Stiletto Ace 1X12 combo w/Scumback M75

Comment

i have seen some people use the outer parts of bicycle chain links. 2 holes in them. use 2 per pedal. One hole with stock pedal screw other hole gets screwed into pedal board.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer Ted View Post
                      i have seen some people use the outer parts of bicycle chain links. 2 holes in them. use 2 per pedal. One hole with stock pedal screw other hole gets screwed into pedal board.
                      That's what I plan on doing when I'll make my pedalboard. I want to build my own (two, actually: one for guitar and one for bass) and don't want to stick velcro to the bottom of my pedals. Screwing the pedals to a board provides a more solid fixation of the pedals AND the pedals stay clean and intact. I do not want to pet my pedals, but as not all of them may turn out to be keepers, I want them to still look good if I ever might sell any of 'em.
                      Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                      Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

I think I might go with the base plate from that stompin ground website. Looks like a good clean way to do what I want without drilling any holes!! Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X