banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My next venture into amps! Here's what I am thinking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My next venture into amps! Here's what I am thinking....

I just like how Vibrolux rolls off the tongue. For that reason alone, I must have one! LOL

And I don't care if I have to empty trash baskets and scoop crap......I'll have one. hahaha
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Wow.. after hearing a bunch of clips on them, and on youtube.. I think I need to go out and procure a few..
      Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
      I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
      Andrew - None

Comment

YES!! My choice of Vibrolux(es) whenever I'm at Greg's house!!! I say go for it man... for my sake!

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

there's a few of those Vibrolux's here in San Antonio at the used guitar stores...I may have to try them out...

Comment

Vibroluxes are my favorite fenders. My next (non-jtm45 style) 6l6 amp will probably be a pre-blackface Vibrolux or clone. There's something about the 2x10 arrangement that I somehow prefer to Supers and tweed bassmans. Can't explain why...
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Great amp. Have fun Bent.

Donzo plays an old Vibrolus.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Variety is the SPICE of Life. Why not get a few "other" amps.

IF you want to stay with Fenders, Get a Deluxe Reverb, or maybe a Super or even a Twin.

Then maybe a Vox AC30 and then a Marshall. Yeah baby now we're talking some amps!
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by HotSEXJ View Post
                  His signature is the VibroVerb 1x15 iirc...
                  When he first started (before the dumbles) he carried multiple Super Reverbs around, and then when he discovered the dumbles he started taking dumbles and supers, then the marshall majors, and the vibroverbs. He used everything, seriously.
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                    Variety is the SPICE of Life. Why not get a few "other" amps.

IF you want to stay with Fenders, Get a Deluxe Reverb, or maybe a Super or even a Twin.

Then maybe a Vox AC30 and then a Marshall. Yeah baby now we're talking some amps!
                    AMEN-

I'm the buy and hold guy. I'd love a Deluxe Reverb, a deluxe, JMP-45, AC-30, and who needs anything beyond that. Really, it's about $5000 to invest (give or take).

My buddy has bought and sold 2 shivas, vibroking, vibrolux, AC-30, Flexi-50, Bivalve, Cybertwin, DSL 2000, Buddha Superdrive, Savage Rohr, Carr Rambler. At least 15 boutique guitars, Suhr, ANderson, custom shop fenders, LPs, PRS.etc.

Hell, tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff-and now he has...
                    a Buick!
                    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Dude, go for what makes you feel good. Don't let the straw man frustrate you.
                      ""Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Unknown Author

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        My buddy has bought and sold 2 shivas, vibroking, vibrolux, AC-30, Flexi-50, Bivalve, Cybertwin, DSL 2000, Buddha Superdrive, Savage Rohr, Carr Rambler. At least 15 boutique guitars, Suhr, ANderson, custom shop fenders, LPs, PRS.etc.

Hell, tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff-and now he has...
                        a Buick!

I always think that people like 'yer buddy will NEVER be happy with anything.

Or maybe they're buying stuff for the sake of having 'trophy' gear... I dunno.

You'd think that at least one of those would make him happy...
                        J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                        mixer|producer|recordist
                        mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                        All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

You're right, Moose. He's like that with bikes and to some extent, cars. As soon as he gets something that he's been oggling for, he'd say, "Ya know, that Shiva EL-84 is just awsome, but I'll bet that 6v6 will get me a bit closer to that Fendery thing..."(out goes the EL-84, in comes the 6v6 for awhile, and then out goes that for _____.
                          Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Working...
                          X