banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verbzilla and other reverb pedals (Stratdeluxer97)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Verbzilla and other reverb pedals (Stratdeluxer97)

Originally posted by baritone View Post
    I haven't tried the VerbZilla. It gets a lot of praise here, so it should be a good one. I chose the DigiTech over the newer Boss RV-5 for the price. When I set my reverb level, I turn it all the way down, close my eyes, and slowly turn it up until I can barely hear it. To me, that is the perfect reverb setting. Also, the Electro-Harmonix, with its single knob would be perfect for my setting technique, but it is not compatible with my power supply. I think next time I go to the music store, I'll check out that Verbzilla.
    I like to keep my reverb on the subtle side as well. Like you, I have a DigiVerb, but I found I could never get the mix low enough without the reverb cutting out altogether. Because of that, I decided to pick up a Verbzilla.

I still love the reverb tones on the DigiVerb -- especially the Church setting -- so I have no plans on getting rid of that pedal. I use the Verbzilla with my Celtic and AC30, and I'll probably use the DigiVerb with my Mesa Single Rec (not the Rect-O-Verb model).

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I picked one up in April and it's a keeper. I run mine through the fx loop of my Stiletto.

I mostly use the Spring setting also. For myself, I kinda like that Ted Nugent 'Stranglehold' level of reverb.
      Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Thanks again for the responses.

I'm looking into the Verbzilla.

I don't use much reverb either, but I do like "bigger" dimension that it adds.

Dave
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I got some lake front property in the desert. How much money you got?

Comment

Actually, because of the low volumes we tend to play, I usually have my signal rather wet. Otherwise, I can't hear it.

Now, when I CRANK the CELTIC, the 'zilla becomes irrelevant and unnecessary.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I like digital reverbs, such as Boss. I have an old Boss RV-2, which is a little noisy, but the newer ones sound awesome. I also have a DigiTech DigiVerb, which is really versatile, and the sounds are great. For settings, I like to keep my reverb effects as subtle as possible.
            Is this including the boss rv-3 reverb delay because i don't like the reverbs on that at all and the delay is ok but a little sterile
            Im GASing for a verbzilla and echo park at the moment
            Gondola Kid
            Bandcamp
            Facebook
            JimijaymesGuitarist
            Youtube

Comment

I never had any noise problems with the RV-3. If you like having the versatility of delay and reverb in a single unit, it's a great choice, but I like having a dedicated and powerful delay. Plus, I usually like to keep my chorus between my delay and reverb pedals.
              Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Yeh i wasn't talking about noise i meant the sound in general compared to dedicated reverbs and delays. I like them separately better two and think that the RRP about $500 in australia is way too much for what it is.l
                Gondola Kid
                Bandcamp
                Facebook
                JimijaymesGuitarist
                Youtube

Comment

Three questions:

1-Are we talking about This Model OR That Model

2-What's the difference?

3-How does it sound when going into a preamp when it's not a totally clearn sound? The cascading preamps can make reverb or delay sound muddy in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by doveman View Post
                    Three questions:

1-Are we talking about This Model OR That Model

2-What's the difference?

3-How does it sound when going into a preamp when it's not a totally clearn sound? The cascading preamps can make reverb or delay sound muddy in my experience.

They're the same thing. Line 6 pedals can be broken down into a "module" and a "dock". When you buy the pedal you get everything, when you buy the module you need to own a dock to plug it into.

I can only imagine that it doesn't sound very good. Now there may be a few people that like the special effect you get by running the reverb into a distorting preamp, but for the most part the sound everyone is accustomed to hearing is preamp into reverb.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh ... I can see it now ... the 2nd item is a module.

Thanks ...

Any other comments on the pre-amp question? My old Boogie has a primitive loop but it really hasn't worked for me as the newer loops do. My only option is to send it to Mesa to install a reverb ... haven't done that yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X