No announcement yet.

what would be a good all-tube upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what would be a good all-tube upgrade?

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
    Thanks man. I LOVE those ESP Ltd Hybrids. The trans red one is a 400 series (with JB and Quarter Pounder) and the sunburst one is a 300 (with Duncan-Designed p'ups). I just ordered a red/creme JB to put in the red one and will take the black JB out of that and put it in the sunburst one. And I also ordered a set of the GraphTech piezzo saddles to put in one of my guitars. I think I may throw those in the sunburst Hybrid.
    I've been looking around for 'em but they aren't anywhere! Do you have any idea where I could score one of those Hybrids? I don't mind if it's a 300 or 400, just as long as it plays well!

Comment

+1 for Fender and Traynor

If you need a heavier distortion, try the Peavey's...
      If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye View Post
        I've been looking around for 'em but they aren't anywhere! Do you have any idea where I could score one of those Hybrids? I don't mind if it's a 300 or 400, just as long as it plays well!

I got mine from a local music store that used to carry ESP. But I do searches on Ebay for them all the time and it seems like there's at least one or two on there about 1/2 of the time. I just type in "esp hybrid" in the search bar to find them.

Right now, there's on translucent red Ltd 400 just like mine on there:

And a couple of the original ESP Hybrid I/II's as well (first one autographed by Queensryche).

I personally prefer the Ltd models because the neck is glued-in, and it's all mahogany. So it's more of the Les Paul Jr. vibe and less of the Telecaster vibe.

I love both my 300 and 400 models. The 400 has Grover tuners, Earvana nut, block inlays, and real SD pickups. But they play the same. The pickups are the only thing that needs to be done on th 300. I don't see too many 300's for sale though. I'm still looking for a black 300 or 400 to complete my collection.
        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by shogunlegend View Post
          the answer is yes, i use high-gain amps, but use lower gain settings (probably 5/10 on distortion). i play numetal, thrash, solo guitar stuff, so i don't want an amp that's made for jazz or something.

i've heard good things about laney and traynor, but know very little about them except that they're more expensive than vox.
          So, to give us a better idea, which models on your vox do you like the most for what you do? So far I say the peavey 5150, and laneys are very good and versatile, but more vintage flavored.
          Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
          Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
          Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
          Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
          Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

Working...
          X