X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half-stack time (advice)

Originally posted by MartinSixStringCustoms View Post
    Why must it be point to point wired?
    +1. The improvement in tone is very minimal compared to the price hike.

As somebody who used a Super for the first 5 years he played, you won't like the cleans after having a Twin. Yeah, its clean, but they're only like 35W and have 10" speakers, so they don't stay clean.

I say get another cool Fender, like maybe an old nasty looking Tweed and run it with your Twin.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      +1. The improvement in tone is very minimal compared to the price hike.

As somebody who used a Super for the first 5 years he played, you won't like the cleans after having a Twin. Yeah, its clean, but they're only like 35W and have 10" speakers, so they don't stay clean.

I say get another cool Fender, like maybe an old nasty looking Tweed and run it with your Twin.
      But serviceability is nonexistent with circuit cards when the warranty runs out. Cards usually require a complete replacement, and since they're probably built as one or a couple very large boards, replacement cost can be prohibitively expensive. As soon as I get some experience with my amp, however, it's point to point, which means I either test components like resistors, or capacitors (assuming I buy the special testers) or just swap them out, which I'm already USAF certified to do. I just want to be actually taught the ins and outs of tube amp point-to-point repair to make sure I don't accidentally do something wrong. I've been through all the required instruction on what not to do with electrical devices, components, etc, and I understand electrical theory very well, I'm just cautious. I mean, after all, it's my baby

Anyways........... So, extension cab. Some people recommend the 4x10", some the 2x12". I'm curious, however: would I / could I get stereo out of the extension? I know that really isn't the point, but I'm curious....
      My Website || My Music
      Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
      ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
      Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

There's one amp I think you'd like. I loved mine, but sold it because I had too many amps.......The Fender Pro Tube Series Concert Reverb 4-10. They're $1300 amps that depreciated quite a bit from 2001, when they came out.
        It's essentially a Super Reverb with a deeper cab, a great gain channel, and a lot of options like 1/4 power, tube reverb and tremolo. If you shopped around on Ebay, you could get one for around $800, and it's 3 times more versatile than a Super Reverb, but looks almost identical. It's definitely one of Fender's 'sleeper' amps.

Another amp that's grabbed my eye lately is the new Kustom tuck'n'roll 72 Coupe Hardtop. I really like the looks and features of the new Kustom head, but I haven't seen one to try out yet. All tube, 4 6L6, and you could also get it in the combo version.

Look!
        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-29-2007, 04:54 PM.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Why not just build, or have built, a head cabinet for your existing twin reverb chasis? You may have money left over for a couple of different of speaker cabs large and small.

Comment

Working...
          X