turbo rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo rat

I think the turbo rat may be the answer to my pedal prayers.

Who's played this one? Any comments?
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: turbo rat

I've played it in stores. I liked it.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

cool, is it super gainy?

Comment

I remember it being like a Rat, but way more. Of course, it's been awhile, and I've only played a jillion pedals since then

Why don't you build a Rat clone, and tweak it to what you want?
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

i like how they have detailed sound sample things on their site. does sound SWEET!
          we can be heroes

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            I remember it being like a Rat, but way more. Of course, it's been awhile, and I've only played a jillion pedals since then

Why don't you build a Rat clone, and tweak it to what you want?
            That's not a bad idea.

Comment

my sister used to have a Rat 2 and that pedal was amazing for what she did. Well when all our stuff got stolen, we couldn't find a Rat 2 and got a Turbo Rat. Man that thing isn't half the pedal that the Rat 2 is. It seems almost untamable and it's just kinda difficult to dial in just right. I just don't like the sound of it as much as the Rat 2. I recommend trying to find a Rat 2 on ebay or something.
              Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
              It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

That is definately good to know!

Comment

Original Rat > Rat 2 > Turbo Rat. That's my opinion, at least. They're all good in their own way.

I got a chance to try one of the older Rats with no LED, and that was a sweet distortion pedal. If you like the Rat sound, and you see one of those, buy it. I think the BYOC pedal is based on that circuit as well.
                  Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                  Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

the turbo Rat and Rat 2 are pretty different pedals IMO, both are useable but the Turbo is abeast for sure...however it is not what I woudl call "Super Gainy"...what do you want to do with it???
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                      the turbo Rat and Rat 2 are pretty different pedals IMO, both are useable but the Turbo is abeast for sure...however it is not what I woudl call "Super Gainy"...what do you want to do with it???
                      I don't want it to be in the metal range but I want it to be sort of a punk/garage rock pedal. maybe even some classic rock if I want to.

Comment

I'm interested in this one too. I've got a Rat 2, and I love it, the huge bottom end on it is fantastic, but with the gain up, I seem to get these wierd issues with it. It almost sounds like it's cutting out for a split second when I hit a note.
                        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock View Post
                          ....but with the gain up, I seem to get these wierd issues with it. It almost sounds like it's cutting out for a split second when I hit a note.
                          That's what I was talking about. Obnoxious, isn't it?

Comment

Everytime I hear a guy mention that a Rat has that wild "cutting in and out/spitting" effect I wonder why he has the gain up that far!

FWIW, the Turbo rat does that too...
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                              Everytime I hear a guy mention that a Rat has that wild "cutting in and out/spitting" effect I wonder why he has the gain up that far!
                              Yeah, coz it definitely wouldn't make sense for them to make a pedal that works right

The problem is NOT with the user, but with a manufacturer who can't even put out a pedal that works properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X