Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K Red Box Classic/Pro vs. Behringer Ultra-G

Hi everyone!

Does anyone tried these DI boxes with speaker simulation ?
    1. Hughes & Kettner Red Box Classic (active)
    2. Hughes & Kettner Red Box Pro (passive)
    3. Behringer Ultra-G (active)

I would like to buy one of these three but I haven't heard any of them so I can't decide I just want to get good sound when recording/playing direct to PA without the need to mike up my speaker cab.

Are these good solutions ?

Re: H&K Red Box Classic/Pro vs. Behringer Ultra-G

Well im not sure about the ultra g in particular but i've seen the standard behringer di boxes used alot (almost all the gigs i play that have di boxes set up) and they do sound quite good but these dont have speaker simulation so im not sure how it is on the ultra g but regarding price i would say buy it and if u dont like the speaker sim its still useful to have a di.
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Re: H&K Red Box Classic/Pro vs. Behringer Ultra-G

I have a passive HK and a Behringer Ultra-G.

Simply put, the HK is a decent piece of kit and the UG is simply a piece of something that rhymes with "kit". If you're buying a speaker sim, don't waste your money on the Behringer. Spend a few more bucks and get a used Red Box.

Just keep in mind that all the devices you mention require that you keep the speaker hooked up or use a dummy load like a Hotplate. Using a DI with no speaker load is a wonderful way to fry a tube amp.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Working...
      X