Shocked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked!

My 40 year old fender bassman had it's first show on wednesday which was a lot of fun. Yesterday, I brought it home and plugged it back in. Today, when I went to jam with my brother, my fingers started to tingle when I turned the amp on. After about half an hour of playing, my fingers and hands suddenly began to tingle and hurt. I immediately turned of the amp and put down the guitar. I can only assume that somehow I was (mildly) electricuted from the amp. Does anybody know what's going on?!?

Re: Shocked!

broken ground wire in the guitar.. Happened to me before.. Try another guitar wit hit.

Comment

I looked at the back of the amp, and found a "ground" switch. I flicked it, and everything is fine! I wonder why you would want to put it to a setting where it shocks you...

Comment

... wow... lame

Comment

Originally posted by Smilemon View Post
          broken ground wire in the guitar.. Happened to me before.. Try another guitar wit hit.

if the ground wire was broken in the guitar i assume he would not get a shock... i'm not sure... Anyone know how it works? i always figured if you are getting shocked from an amp it's coming up from the amp thru the ground wire.....?????

My 65 Fender Deluxe amp i added a 3 prong plug with a ground

Comment

Working...
          X