Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - DD20

Hey guys!
    Uh just wondering about the DD20. I've had it for quite a while now but i haven't figured one thing out.
    You guys know that trick where you have a stereo setup, and you have one delay going to both amps. Except ones in triplets and the other one is set to quartets, and you get that galloping effect. I know with the DL-4, with the stereo delay mode, you can run it in mono such that you can get that galloping effect through that mono signal. Just wondering if the DD-20 can also do that?
    Thanks!
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: Help - DD20

Do you mean the "dual tape head mode" or assigning the output jacks when using stereo outs? It's all customizable with this pedal.
    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Okay, so you know how some people i.e. U2 run their delays in stereo. They send a set of triplet delays to one amp and a set of quartet delays to another, and when run together, it creates that galloping delay. I know with the DL-4 you can do that with a mono signal, as the model is made as such not everyone can have 2 amps. Just wondering if it's possible with the DD-20. To have the delays run in parallel in that sense but the two delays being in the same tempo.

I know theres a dual setting on the DD-20 but with that you can't set one of the delays past a certain speed which is really short.

Comment

With the dual tape head delay on the DD-20, I know both delay times can ba adjusted, but it can get confusing. I'll have to check the menual, but I'll get back to you some time soon.
        Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

sweet thanks

Comment

bump?

Comment

There are "long" and "short" delays in the dual tape head mode. To switch between the 2, you have to hold down the on/off switch until the display changes and then adjust the time. There are so many features on this pedal, but they made it a little complicated to operate.
              Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

In the 'dual' mode the short delay is limited to 100ms. I don't want that. I need them to be in the same tempo but with different timing. (triplets and quartets). Can you do that in the 'tape' mode?

Comment

"Tape" mode also gives the option of using 1 or 2 head modes, but I am not totally sure how adjustable they are. To get to the 2-head echo on "tape" mode, you have to hold down the on/off button again. I am not totally sure what limits they have, but try messing with the "tempo" button also. When dealing with timed effects which seem to have certain limits, I try count in my head in order to manipulate timings accordingly. I hope this helps, but feel free to keep asking if this is still unclear.
                  Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

I don't think you can do what your asking without two delay pedals (or the DL-4). I have a DD-20 as well (great pedal!) but I don't think you can do two different timings.
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Shucks, you all know what that means..... *opens internet browser* *e.b.a.y..c.o.m.*

Hmmm if people run it in stereo, will i need to run say i get a DD5, in parallel with the DD20? I have no idea how i would do that. Is there a way to control both the DD5 and the DD20 tempo with one footswitch? Whats another delay pedals tahts relatively cheap that i can use for this.

Comment

With one footswitch? For tempo-no, for turning on and on -yes, you can use the BOSS line selector for that (creative routing).

If you want to stick with asimiliar SOUNDING delay, might want to stick with BOSS so the DD3 is the cheapest. The only downfall is it has a rate KNOB rather then the actual time found on the DD-20.
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Actually, you can use one footswitch (if you get an adapter) for a DD-20 and a DD-5, but it's more practical to get another DD-20 (you can get a used DD-20 for about the price that a DD-5 sells for these days).

Check this out:

Comment

Working...
                          X