banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will tubes last alot more if the amp is run real low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will tubes last alot more if the amp is run real low?

yeah my amp was pro biased!
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Tone?, Looks like your getting the tone you love, already. Your a lucky man. Some folks never find the sound they like. Keep doing what your doing. Some amps do sound pretty darn good, no matter where you set them.

Comment

Yeah, tube life is totally dependent on hours and volume. I use my main amp at high volumes several times per week, so I've probably replaced them after a 1 1/2 years on average. With my little stable of tube amps that are turned on once in awhile, I just experiment till the tube compliment is perfecto, then never think about it again. They just get mild use, so they'll last for years and years.

However, my Matchless is quasi class A, and pounds the tubes with voltage at all times, so I change those yearly with JJ power tubes. That thing chews through them fast and the amp runs pretty hot. There's no bias pot on it either....it's just full blast current always.
        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 08-23-2007, 08:13 PM.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Tone?, Looks like your getting the tone you love, already. Your a lucky man. Some folks never find the sound they like. Keep doing what your doing. Some amps do sound pretty darn good, no matter where you set them
          Dont worry just give it time and i will mess that up as well! lol!

Yeah Joneser, i have the class A switch on my amp and it makes that amp run on lava hot! so i dont touch that cause that sound really doesnt pump me that much. Havent really experimented with it much is the truth.
          Its such a cool amp cause you can run it with the silicon rectifier class AB mode or run it with the tube rectifier class A mode.
          the VHT is a real cool amp. Although i mainly keep it on one setting. Lol!
          Ibanez Roadstar II
          EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
          VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Working...
          X