No announcement yet.

Anyone try the Tech 21 British pedal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone try the Tech 21 British pedal ?

bump. Any new Tech 21 British users since this thread ?

Comment

no one?

Comment

Reviving this thread...

I currently own two Character series pedals: the British and the Liverpool. i used to own the recently released Oxford (Orange sim) as well, but i returned it because it didn't quite meet my needs.

i like the British and the Liverpool a lot. the amps that they emulate are the ones that i love the most. i also love Orange, but... read above. i never really liked fender or boogie sounds for what i do. right now i have the Liverpool set to a mildly pushed class A setting, and the British for a crunch setting. i fine tuned those settings in anticipation of live situations, but at home i like to crank them up as well. when i have the Liverpool set to "Brian May", i can't stop playing the We Will Rock You solo haha.

speaking of live, i've used the Oxford live a couple of times. it sounded pretty good plugged direct into an active monitor. i'm sure that my current sansamps will do just as well. i sold the Oxford because all of a sudden it just wasn't doing it for me anymore, plus i needed money to buy the British and space was tight on my pedalboard. i might buy it again later.

also worth noting is that the Oxford, as well as the two other recent releases (U.S. Steel and Leeds) have the speaker sim defeat button. i would never use it because i never plug into an amp with these, but some of you might find that helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by azn_hobo View Post
          also worth noting is that the Oxford, as well as the two other recent releases (U.S. Steel and Leeds) have the speaker sim defeat button. i would never use it because i never plug into an amp with these, but some of you might find that helpful.
          I have the Liverpool and wish it had the speaker sim defeat button because I like the cleans I can get with the pedal but prefer to use my amp's dirt and the combination of the two isn't working out for me. Direct into the computer the Liverpool is pretty nice...I just prefer playing through my amp.

Comment

box

of

rock
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I use the Blonde pedal direct to PA (no amp) and it sounds amazing.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X