Multi-Effects Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multi-Effects Processor?

You can turn off the cab/amp modelling on the Line XT Live- I'd assume so on the X3 as well.

The effects on the XTL were great- better than most of the modelling

The Space Chorus, Boss Analog delay stomper, CE1 and Phase 90 models rocked.

That said, for my own tastes, I'd rather have a goose, phase, chorus, and delay stomper on the floor- I don't think it gets any simpler than that.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      That said, for my own tastes, I'd rather have a goose, phase, chorus, and delay stomper on the floor- I don't think it gets any simpler than that.
      Sure it does. It gets simpler and simpler as each one is taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        Sure it does. It gets simpler and simpler as each one is taken away.

Nope thats def the troof! I've gotta have my delay/reverb though- I can deal without the modulation (and have)
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          Nope thats def the troof! I've gotta have my delay/reverb though- I can deal without the modulation (and have)
          Me too. I prefer reverb over delay but will use either one. Modulation I keep going back and forth with. Right now, the Phase 90 is the only modulation effect I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
            I like the Boss unit and I totally trust their quality but here's my real hang up

Realistically I need to have 5 patches that I can step on and have them on ready to go for this to work. I can't tap dance or bend down to press a button to get the bank I need etc and it doesn't look like the Boss will do that in fact very few other than rackmounts with midi controllers look like they will. I have no use for rack gear and I am not looking for modeling but I am looking for some amount of programmability to create my FX patches. I could care less about presets and I doubt I would use the OD/Dist FX very often if at all.

All you need is the FS-5U foot controller for the ME-50, then it's all controled with your foot. The only time you have to touch the knobs is to adjust when you first create a patch.
            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
              Anybody have one they use for regular gigging?

I am not a big fan of pedals and what not but I need to come up with something I can use. I am thinking of going live with my Vetta but I'd rather not.

I like keeping it simple at shows and I was looking at the Boss ME-20 looks pretty good for what I need. I tried a few years ago with a Digitech setup but what sounded good through a small rig just was horrible at stage/rehearsal volume. I would really like a wah, compression, phase/flange and delay. I guess they'll all have some OD/Dist options but they aren't as important to me - I guess a gate would be good too. Preferably 4 or 5 presets that I could just bang out and I would be set.

Experience, thoughts etc much appreciated.
              Scott, For what you do I don't think you should bother. In my experience those multi effects processors are cheesy at best. Why not just pick out a good phaser/flanger, or chorus, then a good delay and of course a good Wah. Then you are done. This type of board should not be a big deal to put together. My board that I use with my Fenders has a CH1 (Boss Chorus), the DD3 you gave me, a TS9 and my Wah. Thats pretty much what you will need and they sound real good. I find if you take your time and really decide on the effects you want you will get a much better sound if you pick out the right pedals. The Multi effects processors I have had not real satisfaction with. They are difficult to program and the tones are subpar IMHO. Go with individual pedals and set up a small board. IF you want to it and need some help just give me a call. Its pretty easy to put together.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Man I still have not done anything about FX yet.

I think I better get cracking.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Night of the living thread.

I've been gigging a Gmajor2 since they came out. Its great because it also changes the channels on my TGP-3 preamp. I use a Liquid Foot Jr to control the Gmajor2, which controls the preamp channel. In one step I can go from my Distortion Channel with delay and reverb to the Clean Channel with compressor, chorus, and a different reverb. It has very convincing effects, nails a Phase90 and Univibe sound for instance, includes a useable whammy effect, reverse delay, analog delay simulations, etc. etc. Has harmonies built in but I don't use 'em save for ^5th for Bulls on Parade. It's been solid thus far and has survived numerous gigs indoor and outdoor. Also a built in 4band parametric EQ I use for an upper mid boost when we are playing 80s songs. Worth it, I have another scoop setting for teh brewtalz.

My only gripes:
                  - Flanger settings suck. There is no stereotypical "unchained" style throaty flanger to be found. Can't believe this isn't in there but I can't get it outta it no matter how hard I try.
                  - Whammy effect is better on the Whammy Reissue. There's a slight volume drop during the transition region from fundamental to the ^2oct note. But I live with it cause I don't need to gig an expensive vintage pedal or bring another one along.
                  7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Thanks to Larry (Stratman), I now have a Boss ME-70. I can tweak presets and save them, switch up and down to them, and and the sounds are solid Boss. Amp sounds, EQ, compressor/envelope filter, phaser/flanger/Univibe/chorus/rotary speaker, volume/wah/pitch bend, echo, and delay with tap tempo.
                    sigpic
                    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                    Originally posted by Lewguitar
                    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I've found the Digitech GSP1101 and Control 2 to be pretty good, depending on budget.

It has a toeswitch wah, chorus, reverb, delays, phaser, pitchshift, harmonizer, etc.

Pretty much everything you could ever want, except the tuner. It'll kinda work for standard, but I dunno, I wouldn't rely on it too much.

Also, Amazing noise gate, its a shout out to the ISP decimator.

AND the Control 2 is a tank. I'd be suprised if you COULD break it.

Also sounds good for late night headphone playing, I use it all the time to play along with songs once you plug it into your computer using USB. I even use it to shift my guitar down tunings so I don't have to have another guitar setup to play along with some stuff.

Comment

TC nova system would fit the bill.
                        We hooked up with Peter Thorn at SAE Institute LA for a talk on his use of the TC Electronic Nova System.See the interview and hear him playing...
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                          TC nova system would fit the bill.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkoB0MwRMQo

Yup. I've been gigging mine since last April. LOVE it! TOP quality FX there. Even the built-in Nova Drive sounds great. Tho I always used the OCD for my OD tones...

But now I've got a G System on the way. Will be interesting to A/B the two.
                          "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                            Line 6 M13 looks to be a winner.
                            If amp modeling is not required, absolutely this.

Comment

Scott,

I still love my Tonelab, but the newest version looks crappy. The original version I have or the LE are great and easy to use. They sound more natural (real tube amp sounding) than the POD to my ears.

Jeff
                              "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec View Post
                                Scott,

I still love my Tonelab, but the newest version looks crappy. The original version I have or the LE are great and easy to use. They sound more natural (real tube amp sounding) than the POD to my ears.

Jeff
                                For sure. Great unit! I tried all the modeling foot-controlled units and picked the LE. Had it until last month when I sold it to a friend because I got an 11R.
                                "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
                                X