Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate V18 212

Any opinions?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Crate V18 212

-Follow your Bliss!-

Comment

I have the 112 and like it. I changed the speaker to a Jensen Mod because the Crate speaker was rather dull. I run it clean and hit it with drive pedals. For the price they are pretty cool.
      Epiphone Coronet w/ Paf-Pro and HS-2
      Yamaha Drop 6 w/EMG 81 and 85
      Fender Stratocaster w/ Lace Sensors R-S-B
      1968 Ovation Tornado Electric
      all rocking into a Vox AC-4TV
      viva la Vox!
      ShoogaGoogaGunga!

Comment

I hated mine.

Dark and a very strange gain structure with no clean headroom. The power section sounded good but the reverb was horrid.

the build quality was questionable as well.
        #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
        #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
        #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
        #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
        #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
        Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
        Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
        Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

oddly enough i just played one today at daddys junky music. they only wanted $160 for it so i gave it a try. when the salesmen asked what i thought my answer was "it sounds craptastic!"

Comment

zombie thread alert...

I bought one of these, and have very happy with it, but I made some non-permanent mods.

1) Hellatone 30w speaker
            2) swapped out the reverb pan for a long pan Accutronics (sounds much smoother,a nd worlds better).
            3) played with tube selection - I think I have a 12AY, a 12AX, and a 12AU in it, but I'd have to look to be positive.

The only problem I've had with it was the reverb jacks died (tf?!). Put in new ones, no problems.

If I have time this summer, I might build a new cab for it. The factory one is flimsy.

Would I rather have a Mesa or a Fender? Yes. But I'd keep this for playing with tube selection.
            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Working...
            X