metal grills for cabs and heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal grills for cabs and heads?

i have seen several cabs and heads that have metal grates for the grills. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some at? i do not need alot just enough for a project.

Re: metal grills for cabs and heads?

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...fg=&srchPromo=
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Like this?
      Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
      "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by metlking View Post
        yeah man thanks for the link that is what i am looking for. i wonder how hard it would be to cut to size.

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
          yeah man thanks for the link that is what i am looking for. i wonder how hard it would be to cut to size.
          Go to home depot and buy some 12 gauge steel cutters.....like a really powerful pair of pliers/wirecutters. Should only be 10-$15 and will do the trick right.
          - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
          Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
          Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
          I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I get that stuff from McNichols.

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Go to Lowes. They have 3 types of metal you can use. Look in the sheet metal section. This is the type I used. Made of aluminum and cut by heavy scissors.Click image for larger version

Name:	20150115_164721.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	5783894

Comment

Ebay.
                The good heavy gauge stuff is very expensive, Like, I mean, very VERY expensive for a perfoated sheet . Not sure if it comes powder coated.
                The cheaper gauge stuff is much less costly.For low watt combos, the cheap gauge stuff can work.
                That said, for speaker grills in general , the heavy gauge stuff is optimal.
                I forgot where to get the good heavy gauge stuff, I think on ebay, and 'Zoro Tools' IIRC.
                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                X