Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bjf honey bee/ mad professor sweet honey

Originally posted by castiron View Post
    what exactly are they getting at in this thread?

that bjorn in a way recycles his circuits?
    A few things:

1) the topology is loosely based on the RAT. It's not a completely new design from scratch like what has been claimed in the past.

2) Bjorn's different overdrive/distortion pedals are based around each other. It sounds like the Dyna Red isn't far off from the Honey Bee and would require only a few component changes.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
      A few things:

1) the topology is loosely based on the RAT. It's not a completely new design from scratch like what has been claimed in the past.

2) Bjorn's different overdrive/distortion pedals are based around each other. It sounds like the Dyna Red isn't far off from the Honey Bee and would require only a few component changes.
      oh nice thanks.

this brings me to another question does anyone know of other rat-trype spin offs rather than all the tube screamer. every overdrive pedal out there seems to be a tube screamer rip off.
      we can be heroes

Comment

Both are standart in terms of distortion and overdrive circuits.
        Do not have a list...too lazy to find them anyways
        But there are always variations on several basic circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by castiron View Post
          oh nice thanks.

this brings me to another question does anyone know of other rat-trype spin offs rather than all the tube screamer. every overdrive pedal out there seems to be a tube screamer rip off.
          A couple of pedals that have some of the qualities but I find are rather a nice unique mix...

Screw Driver
          Fuzz Head
          Dirty Little Secret
          Lunar Module

For higher gain I actually find the standard Metal Muff with TB a nice adjustable pedal that does other than metal well. But it does not have a low gain, or non-compressed setting. I do not really see a Rat as these either though so ... The Little Big Muff and a TS will do a lot if interesting things as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drpietrzak View Post
            A couple of pedals that have some of the qualities but I find are rather a nice unique mix...

Screw Driver
            Fuzz Head
            Dirty Little Secret
            Lunar Module

For higher gain I actually find the standard Metal Muff with TB a nice adjustable pedal that does other than metal well. But it does not have a low gain, or non-compressed setting. I do not really see a Rat as these either though so ... The Little Big Muff and a TS will do a lot if interesting things as well.
            nice thanks man.

i think im gonna try out either the byoc rat or shredmaster clones or an xotic ac boost.
            we can be heroes

Comment

I think these two pedals, i.e. (Mad Professor Sweet Honey and BJFE Honeybee) are not exactly the same. Here is a video of a guy comparing both of them.
              Bobby Devito BJFe Honeybee vs Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive #`1 -- a response to the Gearmanndude shootout between these two overdrives!

cheers,
              Jon
              Guitar: Fender Strat (SD Classic Stack+), PRS SC 250 (Pearly Gates), Fender Duo Sonic (SD SSL-1 & Twangbanger), Taylor 314ce
              Effects: RMC3, BarbEQ, Tone Press, Unlimited, Cusack Screamer, Hotcake, BJFE (DRD, EGDM, HBOD, SBEQ), Deep Blue Delay, Zendrive, Fuzz Factory, Vanamps Solemate, Catalinbread (DLS, Formula 5, WIIO)
              Amp: Emery Microbaby (Weber Blue Pup, Valvetrain 205 Tallboy (12' Eminence Blue Tick Hound)

Comment

Working...
              X