Clear All

Re: Most favorite Overdrive / Boost pedal

Since the thread says Overdrive/Boost I 'll say MXR Micro amp

Comment

TS-7, but will vote TS-9 since there is no TS-7 option

Comment

TS-9, but both of mine (TS-9 Reissue, TS-9 DX) were modded with new chips and resistors. Before mode I don't care for them, after mod they're great.

Out of the box my Zack Wylde overdrive get my vote as favorite. It's a very clean boost and doesn't boost the mids the way a TS-9 does.

There's also my BBE Freq Boost, which is a clone of a Treble Booster. It doesn't boost the output the way boosters do, but makes overdrive bright and crunchy

Comment

They are all really more or less the same circuit. I have a TS, a maxon od9 and a boss. I have modded them all in various ways. I am sure you will find the flavour you like - I just voted for the maxon because it has true bypass. I can hear a big differernce in the bypass sound. Worst "off" sound: Ibanez. Better "off" sound: boss. Best "off" soun: maxon od9.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

even though it's not really an overdrive, i use my mxr classic distortion like it is one. i stack it with either my sd-1, little big muff, or both to get a huge distorted sound.
            Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
            ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I went w/SD 1 mainly because it served me very well for many years w/a Hiwatt and a 4x12 cab. I've used the TS 9, which was satisfactory, and I currently have a Maxon 808 which isn't bad.

I actually prefer a good MV set up, som that I can just go gtr-cord-amp. I seem to get the best results for my purposes that way. However, my current Fender doesn't always do the trick like I want it to that way.

Comment

Not listed and so far my favorite overdrive,distortion,boost,is the Box Of Rock...Otherwise I favor my own modded Ibanez TS 808 reissue.
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I voted TS-9. But if you had included a Boss BD-2, you might have forced me to pause a bit first.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                  Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                  Originally posted by metalmachine
                  dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

Working...
                  X