Randall T2/V2 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall T2/V2 heads

Anyone have opinions of the Randall T2/V2 hybrid heads? There's also the Heaven & Hell and Ninja versions too. Just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

Re: Randall T2/V2 heads

IMHO, i think they are GREAT for metal.

Even more than many a othe rhi-end High-Gain amps.
    I hear a demo in a London Guitar store (more than a year ago now) and it sounded real mean.

I did prefer the tones more when the bloke used passive pu's in a Les paul Classic as aposed to the EMG's in a BC Rich.

I think the H&H and Ninja's only differ in name and visuals.
    Other than that, they sound the same - i could be wrong.

I only hear the V2 in person, not the T2 or sig models.

Great Metal amp i say
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Played through the T2 a while ago. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I usually find randall stuff pretty cool and I love the way they develop their products but this didn't do it for me. It was real tight but to me just lacked character and was real stiff feeling if that make any sense. Personally for straight up metal I'd much rather be playing through a 5150

Comment

Originally posted by apj View Post
        Played through the T2 a while ago. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I usually find randall stuff pretty cool and I love the way they develop their products but this didn't do it for me. It was real tight but to me just lacked character and was real stiff feeling if that make any sense. Personally for straight up metal I'd much rather be playing through a 5150
        I think i know what you mean about the "stiff" vibe.

Almost the same stiffness as you would hear in an Egnl E-530 ?
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Well, this stuff is made in China. China is not the problem, but the engineering that specs the Chinese build is flakey. US Music Corp. has too fine a pen point on the bottom line.

Randall could be the modern solid state USA Sunn, but they don't care. I LOVE Randall solid state metal tone, but they refuse to grow. I hope the T2/V2 are better, but they are still Chinese built.

Last edited by Sludgenutz; 03-27-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by apj View Post
              It was real tight but to me just lacked character and was real stiff feeling if that make any sense.
              What sort of character was missing? It being real tight sounds pretty good. Are you saying it sounds artifical compared to full tube amps which sounds more natural? The YouTube clips I've seen interest me.

Comment

Randall T2/V2 heads

Originally posted by Sludgenutz View Post
                Well, this stuff is made in China. China is not the problem, but the engineering that specs the Chinese build is flakey. US Music Corp. has too fine a pen point on the bottom line.

Randall could be the modern solid state USA Sunn, but they don't care. I LOVE Randall solid state metal tone, but they refuse to grow. I hope the T2/V2 are better, but they are still Chinese built.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Music_Corporation
                Are the RT models also made in china?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew11 View Post
                  Are the RT models also made in china?
                  Yes, pretty much everything is made in China, that's how they can offer an all tube amp for ~$500. I'm pretty sure the MTS modular stuff is MIC too. They still have some great sounding amps, the new non-modular Lynch box amps look very interesting.

I did have a T2 for a while, I liked it, tight low end, very warm sounding highs, I would definitely recommend them for high gain rock/metal. The clean is nice on the T2 also. The T2's preamp is all tube, where the V2 has a high gain tube channel, but the clean and 2nd gain channel are SS, haven't tried a V2 though, probably a little too "metal" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the MTS modular stuff is MIC too.
                    The MTS line is MIC. I had an RM100.

It was a great sounding unit. The preamps were really good, but when the basement got crowded, MIC is the first to go. It got booted by a Mesa and Bogner.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Personally the t2 is my workhorse, I've had it for about a year and it took a while for me to get it dialed in but time well spent. I see a lot of people who just bash the thing and personally its just like everything else in music it works for ya or it doesn't. I did have a nasty problem with noise at higher volume but a single knob decimator in the effect loop took care of that for me. I've used it for the darkest metal to country and everything in between. Definatly not an apartment amp though my neighbors hate me lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X