Boss CH-1 Chorus vs. RV-5 Digital Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss CH-1 Chorus vs. RV-5 Digital Reverb

Really though? I've seen the RV-3 on tons of professional pedal boards, so I dunno where the dislike is coming from.

If it's good enough for some of those guys, it's definitely good enough for me. Even though I use an M13 for all my reverb and delay and modulation.
    For people feeling the need to try something experimental.
    http://myspace.com/kchoq

Comment

I like a touch of reverb when I'm playing alone at home, but when I'm playing with a band I find it detracts from the clarity and cut of my sound. I prefer a little digital delay in a band context. So, if this is your band/gigging pedal board, I would go with the chorus rather than the reverb.

Your kilometerage may be of an alternative magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I think this question is retarded and so are you. I mean, seriously, man. Chorus vs reverb? If you can't decide which you need at the global level, you need to quit playing.

Do you need help deciding whether or not to play an open G or G bar chord too?

This is like asking someone "Which do I need more - something to drink or something to eat?" If you don't know - no one does.
        Ace was mean to me. LOL!

What I should have said was: If you could only have one or the other, which would you chose & why? Plus, I've never owned a reverb pedal before, all my previous amps had it built in, so I was curious on other's opinions on the Boss RV-5. If I had room on my pedalboard for both, I would but I don't & I'm not going to buy a larger one.

There. Now that I've re-phrased the question, Hopefully Ace won't think of me as a total retard.
        Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Comment

I feel like, as everyone else has said, that really boils down to what you would be using more overall. Personally I feel like I could live without reverb (I have the CH-1 as well, love it). But every once in awhile I like to add a splash just to give my cleans more air.

I think I would opt for keeping the chorus. What amp are you using, and why does it not have any built-in reverb?
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Budweiser View Post
            I'm thinking of replacing my Boss chorus pedal with the reverb on my pedal board.

Good move? Bad move?

I can't have both.
            I have the Rv-5 and it is OK in the loop and that is an iffy OK.... You definitely don;t want it in front of your amp. I would check out the Holy Grail or the Verbzilla. I never played either but people here and elsewhere really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              I think this question is retarded and so are you. I mean, seriously, man. Chorus vs reverb? If you can't decide which you need at the global level, you need to quit playing.

Do you need help deciding whether or not to play an open G or G bar chord too?

This is like asking someone "Which do I need more - something to drink or something to eat?" If you don't know - no one does.
              Woo Hoo... Some tough love happening here! I didn;t quite get the vs. part either... but then again I have owned or currently own both of those pedals and niether are anything to write home about..... The RV-5 sounds way too cold and digital and if you put it in the front, it don't even sound like a reverb.... The CH-1 is also digital and weak sounding but some people dig that in a chorus...

Comment

Reverb doesn't do much for me, I'd go chorus or delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
                  What amp are you using, and why does it not have any built-in reverb?

Orange Tiny Terror.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                    Reverb doesn't do much for me, I'd go chorus or delay.
                    I have a Boss DD-3 in the loop.

Comment

Ah I see. Have you had the T.T modded then as yours has an effects loop or did you buy it like that?

Comment

The correct Reverb pedal choice is:

EH Holy Grail Plus

Verbzilla
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Really though? I've seen the RV-3 on tons of professional pedal boards, so I dunno where the dislike is coming from.
                          Thats the RV-3 that many bands had. Most of those were gotten when there wasn't a huge selection of delay and reverb pedals and the delays on the RV-3 are decent much like a DD-5 I guess and the reverb wasn't that bad and you could get some useful tones but the RV-5 is just reverb and not one of the decent pedal reverbs released lately.
                          Gondola Kid
                          Bandcamp
                          Facebook
                          JimijaymesGuitarist
                          Youtube

Comment

Working...
                          X