Thomas Organ Wah Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thomas Organ Wah Score!

Yep...know what you mean....have tried a few others....but I just like my old JEN better...the pot is scratchy...but works when cleaned...well for a few days that it is...haha
    I need to find another 200k pot!

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
      Trower stuff...
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        Yep...know what you mean....have tried a few others....but I just like my old JEN better...the pot is scratchy...but works when cleaned...well for a few days that it is...haha
        Here ya go my man!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
          Is this post good or bad?
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Saw some 200k wah pots on E Bay earlier Niels..Below

Special design vintage taper, similar to the taper found in the old VOX pedals. 200k heavy duty long life wahwah pot. Adds more bass in the toes-up position compared to a 100k pot.
            Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 04-18-2010, 04:14 PM.
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

hey John,
              have you tried the Whipple inductor?

I've had one a while, but haven't used it yet ..
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                hey John,
                have you tried the Whipple inductor?

I've had one a while, but haven't used it yet ..
                Hi buddy,Yep.....Look at the second photo in the earlier posting on here of my buddie's wah....That's a Whipple inductor...The Arteffect "Halo" is pricey but nice also.

A Friend's Modded CryBaby(Same Era) Whipple Inductor

Comment

Thanks guys....hehe I am connected to other sources...I am just a lazy bum that needs to check out our own suppliers...
                  But thanks a bunch!
                  200k is not very common anymore.

Comment

Christian.....I Looked at the Wilson wah site....It's funny cause I have a bunch of those selectable(clickable variable pots) but I've never used them....Here's the thing....Guitar players are pretty simple minded....Once I dial the wah in to my own liking,I pretty much just only use that voicing....So why put 12 different cap values on the wah? LOL...

I'll experiment with different cap values and resistance values...From there,I'll usually just solder the cap(s) and resistor values I came up with...The really tweaky guys like the adjustment and so then I'll either do an external mounted variable pot or I'll mount trimmer pots on the board....

Once I find that "sweet spot" sound,I find I always just come back to that setting on my wah....LOL...The Fulltone Deluxe wah also has the variable cap value pot and it just lowers or increases the cap values...That wah also has the 3 settings that I Liked on Lew's wah when he let me borrow it..

Comment

Thanks guys....hehe I am connected to other sources...I am just a lazy bum that needs to check out our own suppliers...
                      But thanks a bunch!
                      200k is not very common anymore.
                      No problem.....My good deed of the day!

Comment

Hehe yeah indeed!!
                        I've tried a few 250k, but it was never as sweet as the old 200k one.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                          Christian.....I Looked at the Wilson wah site....It's funny cause I have a bunch of those selectable(clickable variable pots) but I've never used them....Here's the thing....Guitar players are pretty simple minded....Once I dial the wah in to my own liking,I pretty much just only use that voicing....So why put 12 different cap values on the wah? LOL...

I'll experiment with different cap values and resistance values...From there,I'll usually just solder the cap(s) and resistor values I came up with...The really tweaky guys like the adjustment and so then I'll either do an external mounted variable pot or I'll mount trimmer pots on the board....

Once I find that "sweet spot" sound,I find I always just come back to that setting on my wah....LOL...The Fulltone Deluxe wah also has the variable cap value pot and it just lowers or increases the cap values...That wah also has the 3 settings that I Liked on Lew's wah when he let me borrow it..
                          Kevin is really big on the tweakable wahs, so is Geoffrey Teese and they both sell a lot of them but I hate 'em myself...

I have no outside controls on my wah at all.

I actually had Kevin just built me a drop in board for a Vox shell I had. It has 2 trim pots for fine tuning but no outside controls. Also worth mentioning...i've never even adjusted the trimmers from the wah Kevin had it set up when I got it!

Here is a quick shot of it...all except the buffer board which is mounded up above the switch.

It's a REALLY great sounding wah.

Here is a UTOOB comparison between a Wilson Signature and Kevins personal Clyde Signature wah.

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Very cool John....I must have overpaid for mine...$50.00 cash from CL.

Mine sounds great....I only use it a couple of times a night (I am no Kirk Hammett)..but is very vocal and works well clean or dirty.

I still wonder about different inductors....I should probably leave well enough alone.
                            Originally posted by tone4days
                            we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
                              Very cool John....I must have overpaid for mine...$50.00 cash from CL.

Mine sounds great....I only use it a couple of times a night (I am no Kirk Hammett)..but is very vocal and works well clean or dirty.

I still wonder about different inductors....I should probably leave well enough alone.
                              Your wah sounds really good Joe! I'm going to pretty much set mine up just like your's....If I come up with anything better,I'll be sure to pass that info on to you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                                Kevin is really big on the tweakable wahs, so is Geoffrey Teese and they both sell a lot of them but I hate 'em myself...

I have no outside controls on my wah at all.

I actually had Kevin just built me a drop in board for a Vox shell I had. It has 2 trim pots for fine tuning but no outside controls. Also worth mentioning...i've never even adjusted the trimmers from the wah Kevin had it set up when I got it!

Here is a quick shot of it...all except the buffer board which is mounded up above the switch.

It's a REALLY great sounding wah.

Here is a UTOOB comparison between a Wilson Signature and Kevins personal Clyde Signature wah.

Nice clean looking wah on the inside Christian...Cool to have adjustments on the pcb for "gain"...."volume".....and "Q" I prefer to keep everything on the insides of my wahs these days...External mounted pots can break and they move on adjustment...Your wah looks to have trimmers for gain and Q....Sometimes I install a midrange trimmer,but I've found I always go back to the midrange set resistance I like..Looks like the stock trannies(MPSA18) that Vox/Modern Dunlops use?
                                Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 04-18-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X